how much are you watering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much are you watering?

Curious how much everyone else is watering in this heat. Looks like a few more weeks over 100 in the North texas area. Wondering about a heavy water every couple days vs some every day

Water what?

Comment

I have sprinklers going 4 days a week 10 min cycles in stephenville and it’s not even close to enough. Need to up it but don’t want to

Comment

Originally posted by St59 View Post
        I have sprinklers going 4 days a week 10 min cycles in stephenville and it’s not even close to enough. Need to up it but don’t want to
        Doesn't have time to soak in from what i gather... Less days/more time.

Comment

Only thing I water is my shade trees once a week and the garden as needed.

Comment

my place is to big to water the grass, 2 acres of lawn, only water the plants and that's by hand in the mornings with a hose. Other 27 acres watered only by rain and not looking good.......

Comment

1/2 acre of “lawn” we run two sprinklers at least twelve hours a day, laid three pallets last week so it takes a ton!

Comment

Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
                Doesn't have time to soak in from what i gather... Less days/more time.
                when I worked at Miller Grass in Dallas we recommended deep water 2 consecutive days and only water when the grass started showing stress, my St Augusine on average got watered every 7-10 days this way. Mainly St. Augustine and this helps the grass put down deeper roots which makes for healthy and more heat and cold tolerant grass.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                  Water what?
                  Yeah, the cow creek water district very much frowns on any types of lawn watering except hand held, stage 4 = pray the well doesn’t dry out

Comment

I’m watering nine stations for an average of 30 minutes per six days a week. I have a well so it’s just electricity.

Comment

We are watering the foundation and beds 1-2 days a week for an hour each station (alll underground or at least under river rock). The beds are all native or drought tolerant now.

Yard sprinklers twice a week for 40 min each station (just 2 stations). Everything starts at 3AM so it's mostly done before daylight. Those two basically just make a green strip around the house. The other 2+ acres is very yellow and crispy.

Hand water/soak the fruit (and 1 oak) we planted this year once a week.

Gave up on the garden last week. Moved some potted plants to the back porch and actually use kids tub water for those (my wife's idea).

Comment

I’ve been watering every other day for a month. 2 sprinklers running for 6 hours and moving every hour to get the whole yard.

Comment

I'm not. I try to live in harmony with nature, to a point. The garden is dead, and the yard is getting bare dirt patches. I'm attempting to keep my trees alive by encircling them with soaker hoses. This drought is quickly getting to be on par with 2011. I'm at the point of letting the native grasses and weeds take over the yard. I will keep them mowed short, if and when they grow.

Comment

Also worth mentioning... I like my neighbors but they: are CA imports and literally move a sprinkler around all day/every day and have since spring. It's crazy and their yard doesn't look all that much better than ours.

Comment

Water just about every day somewhere. Garden is the biggest thing. IMO I can't afford the loss. I'm using soaker hoses buried under the mulch. I ll run 2-3 for about 3 hrs, Next day another section of the garden. Then there's the young citrus trees. I lost 12 trees in the 2020 freeze. Been replacing a 2-3 each year since. They need watering. I love my lawn. I fertilize it, manicure it, treat for bugs & medical issues but it's on it's own for now as far as water.It gets enough water from seepage from all the other waterin I'm doin, it'll come back. Can't afford to keep the water well goin that much.

Comment

Working...
                              X