Anybody pocket carry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody pocket carry?

Been thinking about picking up a Ruger LCP .380 or something like it since it's hotter than hell and when I'm not at work I'm wearing shorts. Just looking for feedback. Pros, cons, etc.... Thanks

Originally posted by Jay-J View Post
    Been thinking about picking up a Ruger LCP .380 or something like it since it's hotter than hell and when I'm not at work I'm wearing shorts. Just looking for feedback. Pros, cons, etc.... Thanks

Absolutely, I have one of those sleeves/holster that is made of a material that catches inside your pocket to where you can remove your firearm and the holster stays in the pocket. Pocket carry is better than not carrying.

I bought it at Academy for like 20 bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good choice with underwood ammo.

I hate kydex but this thing works

Comment

Pro you got a pistola. Outweighs any cons people can come up with

Comment

I used to. My sig 365 is a little big for pocket carry.

Cons- it takes a pocket out of play for pocket knife, key etc. it’s a slower draw. When you sit with someone across from you, they have a muzzle pointed at them.

Just make sure you have a good pocket holster

Comment

Anybody pocket carry?

Im not sure about that model. I have the S&W 340PD in .357 mag. 2 finger grip, 11 ounce weight alloy frame with 1.75 in barrel. A true pocket gun. People will complain about accuracy but no one is going to rob or assault you from 20 yds lol.

I love it. Pocket Rocket. I have it in a j frame retention holster.

Last edited by Ætheling; 07-12-2022, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Comment

Yep, alot. Got a little .380 with a clipdraw on it. Works very well.

Comment

I do all the time. You definitely want a little bit looser fitting garment. They are good for what they are meant for -- up close and personal. It can get a little sweaty at times but nothing like small-of-the-back! I forget mine is there.

I have gone back and forth between an LCPII and the Springfield 911. In both cases there are +1 and +2 options out there if you want a pinky place and a round or two more. I want it small and light so 6+1 is my mode of carry. The 911 is just slightly heavier (~2 oz) and surprisingly it is noticeable.

If you get one, get the II. The trigger is light years better making it easier to hit what you are aiming at.

There really aren't a lot of pocket carry options that are quality in my opinion and you've narrowed in on one of the best... Try to shoot one before you buy, though. I'm a decent shot and I wasn't that decent with my LCPII unless I had the pinky mag in it. I'm quite a bit more accurate with my 911.

*edit* I've watched and read a lot of reviews of ammo. The Fiocchi extreme are nickel plated and feed like butter every .380 I've tried them in. There's a youtube of that round passing all FBI penetration tests which is really hard for the little .380.
                  Last edited by ken800; 07-12-2022, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Just bought an urban carry because all I wear is shorts.

Comment

Carry a S&W 642 in my front jeans pocket with a sticky holster. Works well in basketball shorts too. 5 shots of 38+p may not sound like much, but it beats a fist.

Comment

Kel-tec .380

Comment

A cucumber..... It will draw some attention for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                            Im not sure about that model. I have the S&W 340PD in .357 mag. 2 finger grip, 11 ounce weight alloy frame with 1.75 in barrel. A true pocket gun. People will complain about accuracy but no one is going to rob or assault you from 20 yds lol.

I love it. Pocket Rocket. I have it in a j frame retention holster.

Dude, this is a great little setup. Think I’m going to try and copy it.

Comment

Yep. Carry a P238 in the sticky posted above earlier.

Comment

Working...
                              X