SUV recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUV recommendation

Well the time has come that we’re starting to look for my wife an SUV. She is currently in a 3/4 ton ford and we have no need for two diesels. Is it better to trade her truck in or sell outright given the current market? We own the truck outright and will most likely not take a loan on the next vehicle. I’d like to find a nice used sequoia, 4runner, land cruiser �� or something similar. Mainly a safe vehicle for her and the kids. Any recommendations?
    Last edited by kenner27; 07-05-2022, 07:43 PM.

Kia telluride or the Hyundai version would be high on my list.

Comment

Expedition. My wife and I love ours. 21.9 mpg. And plenty room for grownups and kiddos. Beats the heck out the Lexus suv we got rid of.

Comment

We’ve been very happy with our AWD Kia Telluride. First foreign vehicle I’ve ever owned, and no complaints. Feels luxurious inside, sporty looking on the outside, and averages 24-25 mph. We decided against a full size SUV since she commutes to the med center and parks in a parking garage. I was surprisingly impressed with the interior room. Haven’t regretted the decision once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Toyota Sequoia in spite of...
          Terrible gas milage
          Not many options
          Expensive

But the absolute best family car you could ask for. Tons of leg room in back, durable, safe, and dependable.

We love ours.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
            Expedition. My wife and I love ours. 21.9 mpg. And plenty room for grownups and kiddos. Beats the heck out the Lexus suv we got rid of.
            Regular or max? I’ve been eying one for my wife. Sure would make traveling with the twins and dog simpler.

Comment

This! Lindsay loves hers. It drives like a dream.

Comment

My wife has gone from a 4Runner to, a FJ40, to another 4Runner, to an Escalade, and now an Expedition Max. Surprisingly the Expedition Max is her favorite and mine too. It’s her daily driver and we’ve taken it on several long road trips and it does both really well.

Comment

We have a 4runner with 4 kids. Have a roof rack and cargo hitch. Pretty cramped for road trips but all the kids are young. Maybe in 5 years go to expedition max or would really like a diesel excursion if they finally release them and they where under 50k. But they will probably be 120k if they ever come out

Comment

Wife has a 2018 Expedition FX4 Regular with 80k miles on it now. Been a fantastic vehicle and we love it. Gets 21 mpg on our road trips, including a trip to Colorado where we did several mountain passes completely stock (Imogene Pass was phenomenal). Not sure what your budget is, but they have really done a good job with the Expedition.

Comment

Bought the wife a new 4Runner a few months ago and I’ve been loving it since!

For our needs it’s been great and they are run to modify to really make it your own. New was cheaper than used.

Comment

Originally posted by N.DaWoods View Post
                        Toyota Sequoia in spite of...
                        Terrible gas milage
                        Not many options
                        Expensive

But the absolute best family car you could ask for. Tons of leg room in back, durable, safe, and dependable.

We love ours.

Agree with negative downsides you mentioned, but also overall recommendation.
                        Wife has had hers for three years; love it.

Comment

Thanks, we will go take a look at the expeditions. This wasn’t even on the radar.

Comment

Not sure how many kids you have or your specific situation, but I would heavily consider the Expedition Max or the Suburban for the additional cargo space. If you actually use the 3rd row seats regularly then the cargo space is pretty limited in the regular Expedition, Tahoe, Sequoia, Armada, etc…

Comment

This ! We’ve owned several over the years and always go back to them. I’d rather drive our current one than my truck. Never put a wrench on any of them !

Comment

Working...
                              X