2022 Salty H20 Thread.... Let's go! Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slayr View Post
    I watched a YouTube video on doing an aoudad euro mount….i had to turn it off when the kids making the video didn’t know how to llight the burner for the pot.
    are you on that stuff again?

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      On shrooms

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        Ha! I forgot to quote the post in front of mine….I can’t confirm or deny your accusation.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
          Fished 1/4 and 1/5

First day I woke up to horrible fog and decided I’d wait for the fog to lift. Well, got out the house to blue bird skies and a light wind.

Got to the area I was going to fish, water was nice and green, much colder than it has been last few weeks. Fishing a gut that was draining. Water was ruching through there faster than I’ve ever seen. Got my but handed to me. Caught 1 trout about 18” and 1 flounder about 16”. Released both.

Tough day in Matagorda Bay - YouTube

Fished with my dad and baby sister near Galveston. Not an area I would fish if I had gone alone. Dad is 63 and isn’t able to wade a soft bottom. Back, and knee issues. So we fished a sand flat with a ditch and bowl in the area. Fished hard from daylight till 1030. I lost a flounder, and so did my little sister.

Went and had lunch at Niko’s on the way back home. Hit up an old spot I used to fish when I was in middle and high school. I missed a bite. Dad lost a fish. Sister caught a rat red about 16”. She was stoked.
          My wife’s shop is across the street from Niko’s. Eat there often. My boat has been in the shop since Thanksgiving, been fishing in the river under lights and deer hunting. Hopefully have it back petty soon so I can start fishing now that deer season is just about wrapped up.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
            On shrooms
            Spent a many a day with my cousins out in the field picking those things....just could never bring myself to drink the tea with the rest of them afterwards.

Comment

You boys better go to the trout meetings

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                It’ll be like every other meeting they have. The decision is already made.

Comment

01/05/22

01/06/22

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post

I honestly don’t think it will make a bit of difference. I think they have made up their minds and those meeting are nothing more than trying to save a little face and make it seems as though the sportsman have any type of say in the matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Havent had the boat in the water since October. We were supposed to go down after Christmas but 7 days in Disney we woke up and werent looking forward to 5.5 hr drive to SPI. Trying to head down for MLK and we are braving Spring Break this year. Hopefully the highschool and college kids wont be out of bed before noon and i can get a little peace and quiet on the bay...

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                          It’ll be like every other meeting they have. The decision is already made.
                          The decision was made in September
                          I’m just stirring the pot.........

Comment

Don't tell anyone but I snuck out of work and went to Sargent. I dropped the boat in and ran down the ICW. I hit a few cuts with moving water. Kept these three, 2- 23's and a 22". Let go a couple 25''ers. A Corky Devil was doing the work today.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by kevin nicholls; 01-12-2022, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Solid fish Sir!

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                                Don't tell anyone but I snuck out of work and went to Sargent. I dropped the boat in and ran down the ICW. I hit a few cuts with moving water. Kept these three, 2- 23's and a 22". Let go a couple 25''ers. A Corky Devil was doing the work today.
                                Great Job Kevin...suprised you havent tinkered with making a corky yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X