Bikers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bikers

Do any of y’all have a smaller motorcycle that you use to run errands on? Say to the store and back etc etc? If you do what’s the make and size of it? Back in the day I owned a Honda 650 then sold it and bought a CB900.

KIA Spectra 4 door. Lot safer.

Sold my last one, Harley XLX 1000, in 1993. Bout it new in '83. Put 20K on it the first year. And spun the tire bald.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post

Sold my last one, Harley XLX 1000, in 1993. Bout it new in '83. Put 20K on it the first year. And spun the tire bald.

Close thread. You won’t find a better answer hands down!

Stayed on topic and straight to the point. You can thank him later OP

Comment

That's what I'm going to do with my "just out of storage" Harley 1200. 45 mpg compared to my 2500 getting 15 mpg in the town, plus a whole lot more fun.

In the late 70s, I went from a Honda 750 K to a Honda 750 F, to a Kawasaki 1000 LTD, the fastest road bike at the time. All got totalled and I met my daughters' mom at a bar the night after I totalled the LTD. I didn't ride for years while they were growing up and got back into riding when my second daughter was 18, in 2006.

Comment

Honda Metropolitan. I love it.

Comment

To answer your question, no, I don’t have a smaller motorcycle for running errands. I ride the same bike for all occasions. 09 FLSTC.

Comment

We only have a Gas Station and Dollar General. Live close enough to DG that our Polaris Ranger works for that.

When we lived more in the metromess I had a metropolitan and loved it. A grown man will get a lot of funny looks riding a pink metro with a case of beer between his feet.

Comment

06 roadking

Comment

10 yamaha vstar 650 work and store. Iv got a bag for the back seat found out last week I can fit two sleeves of diapers and 6 pack in it everyone wins.
                  The Honda rebels do pretty good and are hard to break
                  Last edited by shwacker1911; 08-10-2022, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Well, I have a motorcycle, and about the only thing I use it for anymore is to run errands into town. However, it would not be considered a small motorcycle!!!

Honda Goldwing GL1800 [emoji38]

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      Close thread. You won’t find a better answer hands down!

Stayed on topic and straight to the point. You can thank him later OP

All 5 of my current bikes are Bio-motored. I am the motor.

He didn't say what kinda biker.

Edit: And more topic related than your post.
                      Last edited by Texas Grown; 08-10-2022, 05:39 PM.

Comment

I bought an 06 FJR back in 08 with the idea for little trips, grocery store and such but the traffic scared the heck out of me and I was having too much fun with vettes. Had an an GS750 back in my 20's and same thing. I just roll that handle and I'm pretty lucky I didn't kill myself.

Comment

I have bought, cusomized, and sold Harley Fatboys, Yamaha Raider, several Honda Shadows, and Yamaha 1100s.

Yamaha vstar 650 or 1100 is the way to go. Great bikes. Cheap to buy. Cheap to run. Last forever. Light and easy to maneuver.
                          Last edited by eastover53; 08-10-2022, 05:41 PM.

Comment

2010 Yamaha Raider S 1900cc

Comment

I have zero faith in other drivers when it comes to my life. All of my bikes are dirt only. If I get hurt it usually my fault.

Comment

Working...
                              X