Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 San Angelo surrounding area season thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was out in Eldorado off 220 and another place off Toe Nail over the weekend. Watched it cloud up some, but nothing dropped over either place.

Comment

The past couple weeks I have ran into a couple few discussions about this years fawn crop. I filled feeders a couple weeks ago and have pulled gam cam cards once since then and caught a few pics of fawns.

Who all is catching pics of fawns on gam cam and seeing them out and about?
      Is the fawn crop looking ok on our places??

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
        The past couple weeks I have ran into a couple few discussions about this years fawn crop. I filled feeders a couple weeks ago and have pulled gam cam cards once since then and caught a few pics of fawns.

Who all is catching pics of fawns on gam cam and seeing them out and about?
        Is the fawn crop looking ok on our places??

Have them on camera and saw some a couple of weeks ago, as we drove through the place filling feeders. Our deer are looking relatively healthy body-wise. I guess they're living off us and the mesquite leaves/beans because that's about the only thing green on the place besides cedars. Even the cactus is yellowing and browning up.

Comment

Hey everyone,
          I've been hunting a couple of miles southwest of Paint Rock (friend's FIL's place) for more than 15 years and I've gotten a few nice mature bucks, but my dad recently was able to buy a neighbor (he lives in Kingsland) of his' piece of land (~130 acres) east of Bethel near the Colorado river. I've seen a bunch of turkey and luckily quail in person and does on game cameras. Does anyone know what to expect in this area? I'm currently assuming it's similar to Paint Rock.
          Thanks
          Last edited by 7HF; 07-21-2022, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 7HF View Post
            Hey everyone,
            I've been hunting a couple of miles southwest of Paint Rock (friend's FIL's place) for more than 15 years and I've gotten a few nice mature bucks, but my dad recently was able to buy a neighbor (he lives in Kingsland) of his' piece of land (~130 acres) east of Bethel near the Colorado river. I've seen a bunch of turkey and luckily quail in person and does on game cameras. Does anyone know what to expect in this area? I'm currently assuming it's similar to my Paint Rock.
            Thanks
            some of the mature bucks from Paint Rock for reference
            Click image for larger version

Name:	image (2).png
Views:	1
Size:	920.5 KB
ID:	24687805

Comment

Just got back from a 3 day trip out to Schleicher Co. It's crispy out there but deer are healthy. Corn is $11.75 for a 50 lb. bag at Kothmann's in Menard

Comment

Here’s a couple pics to get y’all through this mid week lull! 3rd year of watching the two 10’s grow up. The wide 8 has eluded me for the last two seasons but I’m hoping to catch up with him in a couple months.

Click image for larger version

Name:	74B9E9DD-0B61-4D89-A56C-43C112423B06.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	24688671
                Attached Files

Comment

Healthy looking herd you got there!

Comment

Originally posted by ccallarman View Post
                    Here’s a couple pics to get y’all through this mid week lull! 3rd year of watching the two 10’s grow up. The wide 8 has eluded me for the last two seasons but I’m hoping to catch up with him in a couple months.
                    Looking good.

Comment

Headed out this weekend to top off feeders, check things out and pull some cards. Hopefully things look ok cause we have hardly gotten any rain at out place. seems to rain around us but never on us

Comment

Any one brave enough to try and plant a food plot for this season?? haha

Comment

Was out last weekend and range conditions are still looking rough. Some deer still looked healthy, some semi-healthy and the rest looking quite drawled up.

As would be expected, feed stations are getting hammered. We are so blessed to have plenty of water stations and the wildlife does not have to travel far to get a drink.

Most Live Oaks had some very small acorn cups but not loaded and allot have already fallen to the ground.

Rwc

Comment

2022 San Angelo surrounding area season thread...

Big rain for us tonight. Going on an hour and 15 minutes watching via the Covert and it’s been steady! Big puddles at my favorite blind… and rain at my other blind on the opposite side of the lease. … thank you Lord!

Pics take from Covert video so pardon the quality

Last edited by Smart; 08-18-2022, 09:35 PM.

Comment

looks like we had our biggest rain in a year today, ye ha!!!

Comment

2.6” at the north gauge , 2.3 in the middle. **** good rain.

Comment

Working...
                                X