No announcement yet.

Favorite sushi of all time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My buddies and I just ordered. I got 5 rolls,smoked salmon sashimi and a Yaki Saba noodle meal. I'm jacked up. Love this stuff.

Comment

I've been eating sushi/sashimi for close to 40 years. My dad worked for a company that was bought out by Suntory Corp. (Japanese) in 1983. My dad had to entertain the owners once a month when they came in town. They weren't eating steaks, instead dining at the best sushi restaurants in New Orleans. I have too many favorites but it's definitely all raw fish with a few rolls such as a spider roll (soft shell crab).

Uni with a quail egg and topped with wasabi tobiko (not pictured here)
      Not many restaurants sell it because it only last 48 hours before it goes bad

white tuna (escolar) .... melts in your mouth like butter

Yellowtail with ponzu sauce and jalapenos aka "Pepperfin", often topped with a dot of Sriracha

Spicy scallop nigiri

served in a hand roll

Mango Salmon ... I know when the local sushi place receives their fresh fish

Spicy tuna and salmon hand rolls never disappoint

Eel rolls are solid

Crawfish roll, more of a Louisiana thing as a few places in TX have it on the menu

Pepper tuna served 2 ways - wasabi mayo & ponzu sauce

Spider roll - soft shell crab

Local restaurant Sushi Masa (also in Baton Rouge) has an AYCE menu, order your desired items and it's delivered to your table.
      $18 for lunch, $26 for dinner. I'll order 3-4 items, eat , order more , eat, order more , eat

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
        I had mackerel sashimi a few weeks back. Cant do it lol. Fishhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        It is for sure on the fishy side.

Comment

Yellowtail with jalapeño

But only at Nobu's.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
            I've got a hankering for sushi. What is y'alls favorite? I don't eat it often because it's expensive but every pay period or at least every other I treat myself to some. I order 6 rolls every time. Occasionally 8. So name at least your top 10 favorites if you would.

Thanks.
            Dang….you give up on those Big Macs?

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
              You should give up on trolling folks, champ.

Comment

It was funny the last time I went and got some I ordered 5 rolls and a hibachi dinner. The lady asked if I was picking up food for my family. I said no. She got wide eyed and said "No kids?" I said no. She said oooohhhh......ok.......I don't think she expected that.

I can eat a lot. Always have been able to. What's crazy is I'm 160 pounds.
                You sound like my youngest son! Dude can eat massive amounts of food ALL DAY and still not need new pants.

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                  Toro
                  Amen, best ever

Comment

What I've learned is. If I go fishing with some of you, your ***** is eating the bait. Count me out!

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                      I love good Oriental food and have never tried it one time in my life. I think I need to change my ways.
                      Yeah man it's the good stuff you should try it out. And of course if the raw stuff doesn't sound appealing all of the crab meat sushi I've tried was really good. Or the shrimp tempura. I had a spicy crab roll this evening that was really good. One of my favorites for sure. Nothing too fancy or anything but super good.

Comment

Our favorite is yellowtail Hamachi Straight cuts of tellowtail with a fresh jalepeno and few drops of siracha sauce. Delish!

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                          Shoot McDonald's is about as expensive as sushi. I spend $20 every time I eat there. A Big Mac meal is $10 and some change and it's really not enough food.

Comment

Shoot McDonald's is about as expensive as sushi. I spend $20 every time I eat there. A Big Mac meal is $10 and some change and it's really not enough food.
                            I heard they took out the 3rd bun to save $$!

Comment

I can’t afford “sushi” but I do eat a lot of raw fish. Tuna is good- wahoo to me is better- pompano I think is my favorite

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                                You sound like my youngest son! Dude can eat massive amounts of food ALL DAY and still not need new pants.
                                I have the potential to be a 400 pound guy if my metabolism ever decides to slow down. Because my eating habits sure won't. Y'all will probably see my on TLC or somethin.

Comment

Working...
                                X