Comment

Looks good

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post
        And then there were two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        man this is some good work

Comment

Do you own a winch truck? Going to need it to load on a trailer and set then up. Probably weigh 400lbs each.

Comment

Have a 16’ trailer with a winch. But I’ve moved my big 5x8 stands with minimal effort. You’d be surprised how easy things move with some pipes as rollers when they’re built on skids.

Comment

On the feeder with the down spout already welded in I went ahead and welded on the timer box brackets and outlined the cage area.

Still need to weld a door up to the box and find some wire for this one.

Comment

Looking for suggestions on panel for the varmint cage.

I wanted to go with the largest I can but still keep coons out, I’m not worried if a squirrel can get in it because that’s what the eliminator plate is for.

At the moment I’m leaning towards 2x4 wire panel, I’d like to get away with bigger but I have seen coins squeeze through 4x4 paneling on big hog traps.

Suggestions welcome

Comment

I used the 2×4 panels for mine and it seems to work well. Never had any issues with coons.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Haha, with that pterodactyl on top of your feeder I would imagine not.

Does the corn sling out of that size panel good enough?

Comment

Haha, with that pterodactyl on top of your feeder I would imagine not.

Does the corn sling out of that size panel good enough?
                      Slings out just fine. Think it does just as well as the ones without a cage.

Comment

Wow. Time has really slipped by. I didn’t realize that January was my last post on this.

So around Februar/March a lot went down. We sold a house, bought a
                        House, and I switched jobs. All while raising a 2-3 month old.

Fast forward. I am FINALLY catching a break from honey do’s and most of the move in stuff has been somewhat caught up
                        On.

This passed week I picked up a panel to hack up and use for
                        The cages of the feeders. I went with 2x4 horse panel, it’s pricey but I didn’t want to chance a coon squeezing through anything bigger.

Yesterday I suffered in the heat and got about half of one cage done. But now that I have a little bit of an idea of how to go about it, progress should speed up this week.

Sorry no pics at the moment, just wanted to let everyone know I didn’t totally drop the ball on this DIY.

Comment

Progress thus far. Need to finish tacking things on. Have the side cut for the sides of the other feeder and the bottom of this feeder…

Now the headache. I don’t have enough panel to do the bottom of the other feeders cage … and with 2x4 panel being the price it is I really don’t wanna pay for a whole panel for a 40”x40” piece. But we shall see

Comment

I made one out of a 250 gallon tank last year and actually just cut the end cap off one end for a fire pit build and used the entire tank for a feeder. It holds A LOT of corn. Left it set up during the off season. Checked it last month and spinner wasn’t working (eliminator since day one). There was about 2 inches of rotted corn in the bottom. Not sure if it sweated from condensate inside the feeder or what, but the bottom of the tank was not sloped enough to allow the last bit of corn to flow out. I’m going to make a funnel for mine after I let this last round of feed go though it (I cleaned out the gunk and rotten corn before refilling).

Comment

Interesting, hadn’t heard anyone having a funneling issue with one of these yet.
                              With big feeders like these though I have heard that if you don’t feed fast enough that the corn actually would sit in the tank too long and be more prone to rotting, but that doesn’t sound like the issue you had.

Comment

Made a little progress this afternoon.
                                Picked up the majority of my metal today. Got home and started cutting and tacking. Tomorrow afternoon I hope to get the skids set under it and then the two cross braces. Rights at 8’ to the top at the moment.

Looking good. Lifetime feeder for sure
                                Does it need to be that tall? Mine aren’t and the deer eat right under my cages

Comment

Working...
                                X