Toll Bill Funny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toll Bill Funny

Got a toll bill in the mail which isn't anything unusual for me since I'm averaging 45-55k a year the last 3-4 years...

Funny part. It's for my polaris ranger.

Cracked me up after i spent about 10 minutes trying to figure out which car it was for (I should have read the vehicle description).

So uh, if you have an OHV plate on your ranger on a tollway. Watch yoself...

Or cover it up.

On a trailer or driving it??!!

If driving, go offroad around the toll booth dummy!

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
      On a trailer or driving it??!!

If driving, go offroad around the toll booth dummy!
      Lol....

Comment

So I’m curious. Do you really have to pay that?

Comment

I had the same issue OP, but with our travel trailer. It took a good minute to figure out what was going on because it was 5 months after the fact.

When I called, they said all trailer tags must be assigned to a toll tag. When I asked what do semi's trailers do. I was told semi's all update when they switch trucks. For some reason, I highly doubt that LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
            So I’m curious. Do you really have to pay that?
            I did not. I talked her (the NTTA lady) out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
              I had the same issue OP, but with our travel trailer. It took a good minute to figure out what was going on because it was 5 months after the fact.

When I called, they said all trailer tags must be assigned to a toll tag. When I asked what do semi's trailers do. I was told semi's all update when they switch trucks. For some reason, I highly doubt that LOL
              I knew that part. I've gotten my fair share of trailer tolls and they are generally not cheap which is obnoxious.... But don't get me started on the toll system in general. Anybody ever notice how much $$$ 183 west is during rush hour?

Comment

Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
                I .... But don't get me started on the toll system in general. Anybody ever notice how much $$$ 183 west is during rush hour?
                Yes and it’s downright criminal. [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I knew that part. I've gotten my fair share of trailer tolls and they are generally not cheap which is obnoxious.... But don't get me started on the toll system in general. Anybody ever notice how much $$$ 183 west is during rush hour?
                  Well here is the thing. We were on grand parkway, and hit ~6 toll plazas that day. 5 charges showed up, appropriately assessed for my truck pulling a trailer with dual axles. But one plaza didn't. I also asked why 5 toll plazas worked and 1 didn't. That would contradict what she was claiming.

The bottom line. Trailers can't be tied to a toll tag, otherwise 18 wheelers would have one hell of a time taking toll roads. And this is proven by the fact that 5 other tolls worked just fine. I still haven't put my trailer on a toll tag, and no issues since then.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                    Well here is the thing. We were on grand parkway, and hit ~6 toll plazas that day. 5 charges showed up, appropriately assessed for my truck pulling a trailer with dual axles. But one plaza didn't. I also asked why 5 toll plazas worked and 1 didn't. That would contradict what she was claiming.

The bottom line. Trailers can't be tied to a toll tag, otherwise 18 wheelers would have one hell of a time taking toll roads. And this is proven by the fact that 5 other tolls worked just fine. I still haven't put my trailer on a toll tag, and no issues since then.
                    Interesting.... The D/FW tolls are littered with 18 wheelers which always baffled me as to how that made sense financially for the shipper.

Comment

$800 in toll fines for me the last couple months. Headache. Sometimes I just want to stick it to them with the fake paper tags like everyone else is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                        $800 in toll fines for me the last couple months. Headache. Sometimes I just want to stick it to them with the fake paper tags like everyone else is doing.
                        F em.
                        When they started the virtual payment only, no more dropping change in the bin, I wracked up about 8k worth.
                        Call em to pay and you set on the phone for 20 min, then they tell you it has to be done online or at the office there by Galleria.
                        Lol, oh well.
                        They threatened, sent a million letters, blah blah blah, but nothing ever came of it.
                        That had to be 15 yrs or so ago.
                        I use it maybe once or twice a yr now, and still don't pay it.

Comment

Interesting.... The D/FW tolls are littered with 18 wheelers which always baffled me as to how that made sense financially for the shipper.

When they’re setting in traffic, they are not making money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

At 45k to 55K per year, you should have that tollway paid for shortly. lol

Comment

Working...
                            X