No announcement yet.

Why Do You Speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So for everyday in town driving I'm a speed limit driver; however, when I am on a long haul its 8mph minimum over posted speed limit. Its a psychological thing with me i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
      To irritate my wife.
      I really don’t want to irritate her, but I am usually set on 70mph
      Whether it’s 65 , 75, 80 , she doesn’t get irritated unless I am in the left lane

Comment

I'm usually a 5 MPH over guy, on the highway, just never in that big of a hurry. I get a kick out of the folks, who weave thru traffic , every morning, trying to go 80 and pass everyone. I always think to myself , why don't they just leave 5-10 minutes earlier everyday, instead of driving like a jack wagon every morning.

Comment

I don't speed ALL OF THE TIME. On open roads, I'll do 5 over without my conscience bothering me. Even on some city streets I'll go 5 over if the conditions allow it(light or no traffic, good weather). But one thing I HATE is being bunched up with a bunch of other vehicles especially at highway speeds. So, I'll punch it to get out of ahead of the crowd and then slow it down to say 5 over. There is just too many terrible things that can happen when vehicles are all bunched up together going 70MPH. I will also not tailgate. That only leads to nerves being shot, wrecks, or getting shot. LOL.

Comment

Because I’ve driven in other countries that have no speed limits on highways. Speed isn’t the issue/dangerous part, stupid drivers and people who sit in the right passing lane causing traffic to back up are the issue.

Have they posted an accident survey or anything on the areas that have an 85mph speed limit? Believe there is a stretch between Austin and SA? Not sure but would be interested to see if there was an uptick or not once the higher limit was set.

That being said, I’m a 10 over guy. Set the cruise control and go. Usually keeps me driving offensively instead of reacting to someone doing something stupid, I don't really worry about cops at that point and on long drives it is enough to make a difference on my arrival time.

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
              It would get you shot in Houston and I am not kidding.
              Absolute TRUTH!

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTNETIME View Post
                But one thing I HATE is being bunched up with a bunch of other vehicles especially at highway speeds.
                I'm with you there. Only takes the one idiot a random tap of the brakes to cause a pile up. I like to set the cruise a few over and stay out of the fast lane. The slow pokes stay behind and the speeders pass me to get up to the next wad of slow pokes.

Comment

Well I guess I am in the minority. I speed probably daily but I also take a lot of toll roads. In the city i follow flow of traffic regardless of speed. I have multiple jobs going on in different parts of town, meetings, materials etc. I also leave early every day so traffic is not an issue. Has nothing to do with being late. If we are in a road trip from houston to Dallas I’m usually leading the speeder pack or right behind number one. I do not want to be jammed up on a freeway ever.

One more thing I am extremely considerate driver. I unlike many drivers will get out of the fast lane to let you pass. I pay attention to traffic and try and just get where I am going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just drive the same speed as everyone else. I’m ain’t in a hurry to get anywhere except the lease and even then I would rather get there 5 minutes later than spend 3 hours dealing with a ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                      Agree, most of them don't get out of the passing lane!
                      Fixed it...

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                        Because if you ain't first, you're last

I can’t think of a better answer.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                          I don’t speed. I follow the speed limit and use cruise control. I get passed all the time on the way to work, then once we get into town I’m right behind the guy that was driving like an idiot. You don’t save much time if any.
                          This! I'm an old wore out man & drive like it.

Comment

Bc I don’t have a warrant. [emoji16] jk

Comment

I only increase my speed on unobstructed stretches where I drive an hour or more. For every 5mph over it puts me 50 miles closer at the end of a 10hr drive.

Comment

I like going fast…
                                …er than the slow knucklehead in the fast lane…
                                …smokin a blunt with a low rear tire.

Other than that I cruise 5-9 over.
                                Last edited by Briar Friar; 07-21-2022, 02:14 PM. Reason: 5to9OverSpake

Comment

Working...
                                X