No announcement yet.

Do your kids love it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21 year old daughter will go with me occasionally but I think it’s mostly to spend time with me which is great. Could care less if she kills another deer. 18 year old son doesn’t care to do it all. He is a musician and an artsy type so that’s what he is into. 15 year old son loves it. He’s gotten to be a good little hunter. Did the same things with all three of them. Nothing different. Some love it. Some don’t

Comment

My daughter loves hunting (she's shot one buck) and baseball. My son, after shooting a buck and a doe, is like, meh...

Hey, that's at least a .500 batting average. At least.

Comment

My daughter does not "love " it but enjoys watching the animals and the world go to sleep as dark falls. but she will get up to go fishing with me. I cannot get her up to go in the morning. She loves the morning sunrise on the water

Comment

My kids absolutely loved it when they were little and up through middle school. They still love to go, but sports, members of the opposite sex, etc. has their attention as well now. I'm totally cool with that.

I would add this. I learned that my daughter doesn't really like to shoot anything larger than a dove, but thought it was expected of her being one of my kids. Wish I would have picked up on that sooner. She really just liked being in the outdoors and hanging with me and her brothers, which is everything I could possibly ask for.
          Last edited by riverbowman; 07-19-2022, 06:12 AM.

Comment

My daughter really loves deer hunting. Not as much into other stuff like pigs, dove, rabbits etc. Will shoot a pig if it comes out but deer hunting is her thing.

My son is 100 percent eat up with hunting. Absolutely loves it. Would go every single day if he could. Doesn't matter what it is he'll hunt it.
            Last edited by BradBryant1000; 07-19-2022, 06:21 AM.

Comment

2 out of the 3 kids enjoy it but nothing like I did when I was young. I chalk it up to trophy hunting. When I was a kid it was how wide and how many points. I didn’t hear about B/C until the early 90’s. Kids just want to shoot we’ve made hunting to a large extent boring, nowadays we know exactly what deer, age and score before we even get started.
              I can’t tell you how many guys get discouraged in mid September because they don’t have any good deer on camera, that trickles down to your kids.

Comment

My oldest daughter enjoys going occasionally but it is not her passion.

My oldest son is beyond ate up with it. He wants to hunt everything all the time to the point that he is planning to skip a football game next year so he can go archery elk hunting with me.

The 2nd oldest boy loves to fish and is quickly becoming passionate about hunting as well.

3rd son fishes.....all day, everyday no matter what the weather even when the fishing sucks. This kid is addicted to fishing like the oldest boy is to hunting.

2nd daughter is much like the oldest and will enjoy it when she goes but its certainly not a must do for her.

4th son........doesn't like to get hot and doesn't like to be cold......we literally kick him outside and lock the door because if we don't he will sit in his room and play with toys or watch tv.

5th son is passionate about whatever he is doing at that particular moment but what 5 year old isn't

3rd daughter who is also 5 is a hunting junkie. Throws a fit if I go without her, watches youtube hunting shows with me and asked for only 1 thing at Christmas last year.....a bow & arrow

4th daughter is about to turn 5 and just bounces around everywhere with a smile on her face. No real passions yet so we shall see

Comment

My only kid, daughter, used to be into it about half as much as I was growing up but the last year not as much. First serious boyfriend this last year she met off at college and all she does is spend her free time with him. She’s even taking a “break” now from school and wanting to be a “grown” up with this dude by going to work and paying the bills. Not my cup of tea, gamer kid a few years older than her but wife says just let her be and see what the real worlds like. Pretty sure our hunting/fishing days are on hold for a few years if she’s going to be with this whoever the hell he is kid. ****** me off but it’s probably more me being selfish being worried she won’t get back in school or worse.

Comment

My 9 year old is ate up with it. He talks about it 24/7, checks and moves cameras in the yard daily, shoots his bow, sets and checks live traps, etc. He will beat you to death with questions and ideas.

Comment

My 15 year old son and 16 year old daughter will hunt and they like it when they go. With that said, they always seem busy and definitely don't have the passion for it that I did when I was young. My 21 year old daughter hunts more now than she ever did as a teenager and her and her husband are getting more into it lately.

Comment

My son is hard into it. daughter goes every once in awhile.

Comment

Son likes to hunt but isn't ate up with it. Daughter #1 is almost manic about shotgun sports and daughter#2 would rather hunt than eat.

Comment

My Son sure does. He has turned into a fine outdoorsman. He's headed to Colorado Elk hunting on his own this year.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	clay3deer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	24687600

Name:	BFA_3-04-12_5.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	24687601

Name:	image3.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	24687602

I miss the days we spent hunting now that he's out on his own. Luckily my Daughter likes to hunt also.

Name:	Ryanne hunt.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	24687604

Name:	20191005_084302.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	207.9 KB
ID:	24687603

Comment

My son is 12 and eat up with it. He has been with me on just about every trip since he was 2. He shot his first deer at 7 and hasn't let up one bit. He shoots multiple deer every year, I think when he was 9 he shot around 12 to 15 as I had several buddies ask him to come shoot does at their place for them (MLD tags). This past season he started sitting by himself and did an outstanding job. We would text each other during the hunts on what we were seeing. I got a kick out of his texts. It was just like I was texting an adult hunter. He was all about telling me about g2's or G3's or brow tine height or mass or spread or ..... He talks about when he is grown and has his own business and is rich we are going to go all over the world hunting. I sure hope his dreams come true!!!!

Comment

My oldest son was never interested. My youngest (senior at Tarleton) is totally eat up with it. We’ll see how excited he is next year when he gets to start paying his part. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X