• Time
  • Show
Clear All

another ole timer gone//frequented MUYs place in 70s...RIP SIR

Comment

RIP Mr Garza

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
        I had the The legend of the muy grande on vhs when I was a kid. It was the first hunting video I can remember and I think I watched it until the tape wore out.
        Rip muy!
        X2

Rip Mr Garza

Comment

R. I. P. Mr. Garza

Comment

Muy was one of a kind. He definately did a lot for South Texas trophy deer hunting. My dad and him drank a many of lone star beers together. I remember My dad telling me that back in the 60's Lionel worked at the Texaco station and sold the most tires and won a rifle for his prize. He ended up using the rifle for the prize in the first muy grande deer contest and eventually was able to buy the station. Don't know how true that story is but that's what I remember Rip muy.

Comment

I had the The legend of the muy grande on vhs when I was a kid. It was the first hunting video I can remember and I think I watched it until the tape wore out.
              Rip muy!
              lol that’s the first thing i thought of when i saw this
              he was huntin high hat harry with his two sevendy rifle

Comment

He was definitely a big influence in the area. I hunted on a ranch outside of Freer for many years and the old man that owned the ranch was a friend of his and I spent every trip down visiting with the old guys, lots of stories between them! Was fortunate to win Widest Spread in his contest one year in the early 90s I think. RIP

Comment

Rip muy!
                  Had the same VHS, still remember one of the bucks he shot from memory

"High Hat Harry" 170 eeeenches and that was a monster back then....

RIP Sir

Comment

RIP sir!! A life well lived!
                    Met him a bunch of times back in the '70's and '80's when I hunted South Texas... We'd go 59 no matter where we were going finally just so we could stop in the "Muy Grande"...

I bought our camp house from his brother J.P. Garza... He still lives there in town... great big house up on the hill just before you get to the intersection of 44/59... Very nice family all the ones I've met over the years...

Comment

Leonel “Muy” Garza - RIP

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                      Muy was one of a kind. He definately did a lot for South Texas trophy deer hunting. My dad and him drank a many of lone star beers together. I remember My dad telling me that back in the 60's Lionel worked at the Texaco station and sold the most tires and won a rifle for his prize. He ended up using the rifle for the prize in the first muy grande deer contest and eventually was able to buy the station. Don't know how true that story is but that's what I remember Rip muy.

I think it was a watch from selling the most tires if I remember correctly …

Comment

Smart, I think you are right but was a watch.

Comment

RIP Muy

Comment

He scored my buck back a few years ago. Was an honor having him do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That was a great video… The part with the javelinas and Jerry Lee singing “All the girls get prettier at closing time “. !!! LOL!!!

Comment

Not positive but I think he was 82 yo. First hunting video I watched as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X