No announcement yet.

New images from space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the earth is flat, what shape are the moon and sun?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      Correct. So every single one that can be proven dead wrong has been proven dead wrong... So the ones in fields impossible to prove wrong must be correct?
      I'm as cynical as most and don't believe the gov or the media or scientists bought by them.

We've asked these folks for their most compelling flat earth evidence.
      Crickets on what compelled them to believe the earth is flat. I'm still waiting for something to change my mind.

I've looked into it and never saw anything that compelled me to believe what I can see with my eyes in a telescope and the science I've learned in the past. Also can't understand what would be the motivation for people to lie about it for thousands of years.

Comment

I don't have a dog in this fight. I am happy to believe my eyes from an airplane. But if you want to prove or disprove the notion of the earth rotating around a central axis (a.k.a. it's spherical), Gunwerks has a simple test for you to try:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX7dcl_ERNs&ab_channel=Gunwerks"]Demonstrating how Coriolis effects bullet drop at 1000 yards - YouTube[/ame]

Though I'd suggest a couple hundred rounds in each direction, by multiple shooters, would be more statistically significant in proving or disproving the earth's rotation.
        Last edited by Trumpkin; 07-15-2022, 10:43 AM. Reason: can't get the video to show...

Comment

Correct. So every single one that can be proven dead wrong has been proven dead wrong... So the ones in fields impossible to prove wrong must be correct?
          One doesn't prove or disprove the other.

Honestly, I am just busting your balls LOL, flat earthers are entertaining to me. If I am at a get together and find one, I am definitely grabbing a beer or 10 and talking to them the whole time about it. Just like if I met someone who saw bigfoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
            I don't have a dog in this fight. I am happy to believe my eyes from an airplane. But if you want to prove or disprove the notion of the earth rotating around a central axis (a.k.a. it's spherical), Gunwerks has a simple test for you to try:

Demonstrating how Coriolis effects bullet drop at 1000 yards - YouTube

Though I'd suggest a couple hundred rounds in each direction, by multiple shooters, would be more statistically significant in proving or disproving the earth's rotation.
            Fake news. He didn't shoot north or south. If he did, it would prove santa exists and aliens.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
              If the earth is flat, what shape are the moon and sun?
              I think they believe that everything else in our viewable solar system is indeed round because we can easily view and confirm this with a dollar store telescope. But the earth was uniquely and interestingly formed as a flat plane. See post #47 for visual reference.

Comment

Are these the same scientists that told us 60 years ago we'd should have all died 45 years ago due to global cooling? And like the ones that said the sea levels would be 40 feet high by 2010?

Or are they like the ones that told us the covid vaccine was 100% effective and saved millions of lives with zero side affects?

Or like the ones that carbon date rocks and each come up with totally different ages?

FTR I ain't saying the planet is flat. I just don't like people saying "because a scientist said so".
                1. Relax.
                2. I asked a question.
                3. Plenty of 'science' types, whatever the proper terms may be, do not believe in God. That doesn't make their findings less factual.
                4. I'm a flawed Christian. I believe that God made it all the way He made it. There are mysteries in the universe that will always remain mysteries. Everything in this world does not add up nice and neat. That's why is is called 'faith'. IF it all added up, no faith would be required.

Based on my life, i have a lot of respect for those with curious minds, that want to figure things out. I have no use for those big brained folks that think they know what may happen in the future based on where we are today. I'm pretty much in the camp that something along the lines of: "when Man says - fill in the blank - God says leans over to St. Peter and says "HOLD MY BEER".

Carpe' Diem~

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  I think they believe that everything else in our viewable solar system is indeed round because we can easily view and confirm this with a dollar store telescope. But the earth was uniquely and interestingly formed as a flat plane. See post #47 for visual reference.
                  Some believe the moon and sun are both like a frisbee, and the same distance from earth as each other. One guy I saw believes both are just lights being shined at the dome covering earth to fool us.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                    One doesn't prove or disprove the other.

Honestly, I am just busting your balls LOL, flat earthers are entertaining to me. If I am at a get together and find one, I am definitely grabbing a beer or 10 and talking to them the whole time about it. Just like if I met someone who saw bigfoot.
                    Not sure I could handle talking to a bigfoot believer.

But a flat earther may be entertaining

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                      Ignorance at it's finest. This is the definition of faith.

"strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof."

Maybe you need to take a knee on this one.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Reading this thread is giving me flashbacks of being at my in-laws. I’ll spare the details, but at least it’s entertaining and provides good story telling for later.

He saw a leprechaun once. And quit clearing his property because he was seeing warning signs from Bigfoot and didn’t want to anger him further… he has an inter-dimensional portal somewhere close to his property….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very cool photos from the new telescope though! I will have to bust out the big telescope again when the weather cools down a bit! Love looking at the universe through a small eyepiece

Comment

Originally posted by tradman View Post
                            Reading this thread is giving me flashbacks of being at my in-laws. I’ll spare the details, but at least it’s entertaining and provides good story telling for later.

He saw a leprechaun once. And quit clearing his property because he was seeing warning signs from Bigfoot and didn’t want to anger him further… he has an inter-dimensional portal somewhere close to his property….

Wow, so that's how bigfoot avoids people so well!

Comment

What happened to your buddy who was supposed to show proof Bigfoot was real?

Comment

That’s what all the experts agree on these days. Something about sensing the electrical field put off by trail cameras is why there haven’t been any recent photographs…. Don’t avoid the “believers” just allow yourself to be entertained

Comment

Working...
                                X