No announcement yet.

Airline Travel - Hunting luggage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not use just a regular suitcase? Is there some reason you don't want to use one?

Comment

We have a ride up to base camp. Will be on a ranger and dust and potential rain is an issue. I dont think i want to take some family luggage up there for that reason.

Comment

Originally posted by ElkTipper View Post
        We have a ride up to base camp. Will be on a ranger and dust and potential rain is an issue. I dont think i want to take some family luggage up there for that reason.
        Ahh, gotcha. I use a Northface Duffel Like Kevin said. Works just fine, waterproof, very heavy duty zippers. I really like it, but I also got it on sale. I don't know if I would have bought it otherwise.

https://www.thenorthface.com/shop/ba...c=ds&gclsrc=ds

My buddy has a Da Kine bag, and it also has rollers and a handle which make it easier to drag in the airport if you carry on.

Comment

Remove foam from bow/rifle case and pack your clothes around your weapon. Use another medium size waterproof duffel if necessary for more gear, and your hunting backpack as your carryon. Both backpack and extra duffel can be gate checked as needed.

Chris

Comment

chris, thats a great idea. But, I will need my bow case as we apparently travel everyday in rangers/pickups searching for buggles through logging roads. so my clothes would just be laying out on the cots at basecamp. Apparently Roosevelt hunting is a little different hunting then the rocky mountain huntin im use to..

Comment

Originally posted by ElkTipper View Post
              chris, thats a great idea. But, I will need my bow case as we apparently travel everyday in rangers/pickups searching for buggles through logging roads. so my clothes would just be laying out on the cots at basecamp. Apparently Roosevelt hunting is a little different hunting then the rocky mountain huntin im use to..
              When traveling with a gun, I put it in a soft case inside my hard TSA case. That way when you get there you can leave the hard case behind and use the soft one daily. You might be able to do the same thing with a bow, but I've never tried it.

Also, be cognizant of the weight as these hard cases are already pretty heavy empty.

Chris

Comment

Working...
              X