No announcement yet.

Cooking trout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glen, you make me jealous, catching all that fish. Good for you. Are you moved in yet?

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
      Well the curry is gonna get a try. Slick I brought back a few snapper Monday and put a few fillets in freezer last night that we had not eaten yet. Will do this tomorrow. We eat fish once in a while

If you can get your hands on some fresh thai basil it will kick it up a notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
        If you have the time fresh is best but the paste works almost as well and will save you a hefty bill at the spice aisle and a heck if a lot of time.

Yeah, some of the paste is a good as fresh.

In mine I use ginger, onion, garlic, turmeric, mustard seeds and cumin seeds. All of that I already have. The only kind of “exotic” flavors are dried curry leaves and kashmiri red pepper but I think you could mix 2-1 paprika-cayenne and come up with the same flavor. I bought a pound of kashmiri pepper and 3 years ago on Amazon for about $12 and haven’t used half of it yet. I usually just use it but butter chicken or fish curry.

I bet butter fish might be great if there is such a thing. Might have to modify the chicken recipe. Probably just be more gentle and not have to sear the fish like the chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
          Yeah, some of the paste is a good as fresh.

In mine I use ginger, onion, garlic, turmeric, mustard seeds and cumin seeds. All of that I already have. The only kind of “exotic” flavors are dried curry leaves and kashmiri red pepper but I think you could mix 2-1 paprika-cayenne and come up with the same flavor. I bought a pound of kashmiri pepper and 3 years ago on Amazon for about $12 and haven’t used half of it yet. I usually just use it but butter chicken or fish curry.

I bet butter fish might be great if there is such a thing. Might have to modify the chicken recipe. Probably just be more gentle and not have to sear the fish like the chicken.

Care to share your recipe?

Comment

I put some crappie on my smoker turned out pretty good

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
              I put some crappie on my smoker turned out pretty good

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
              You know the rules young man. Without pictures it never happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                Care to share your recipe?

PM sent.

Comment

Well I’m all in for tonight’s meal. Wife tasted it said it passes the test
                  Attached Files

Comment

tagged

Comment

We normally do this with flounder but it works with trout as well

Lightly grease glass baking dish add filets to dish season with your choice of seasoning (I use old bay)
                      Melt around a half stick of butter and combine with Panko bread crumbs and parmigiana cheese cover each filet with mixture. Place in oven and bake till fish is done and panko reaches desired golden brown color. Squeeze some fresh lemon over the top and serve with rice pilaf and steamed broccoli with cheese
                      Last edited by Austin; 07-01-2022, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
                        We normally do this with flounder but it works with trout as well

Lightly grease glass baking dish add filets to dish season with your choice of seasoning (I use old bay)
                        Melt around a half stick of butter and combine with Panko bread crumbs and parmigiana cheese cover each filet with mixture. Place in oven and bake till fish is done and panko reaches desired golden brown color. Squeeze some fresh lemon over the top and serve with rice pilaf and steamed broccoli with cheese
                        This I will try.

Comment

My old buddy from Michigan (he passed 3 years ago) had me smoke some in my electric smoker, he loved them. He couldn’t gobble them down fast enough.
                          My suggestion is don’t smoke them.

Comment

Anybody ever canned Trout like you would for Tuna?

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Ceviche is my favorite

On the grill Make foil pan, grease with butter. Season fillets with either holy voodoo or chupacabra special blend, or Cajun of your choice then top with butter. Put breadcrumbs on the second fillet and top with a dab of butter as well ( my take on baked fish on the grill)

Put on grill about 400 degrees and cook for 10 minutes

Comment

Working...
                                X