Love Companies That Actually Honor a Warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a new BAKFlip MX4 for my Ram back in April of 2020. I’ve used them before and probably won’t own a truck without one. I have used their warranty in the past for minor things, rubber bumpers, plastic clips, etc. It’s been easy and no cost to me.

I had a small crack appear between the rubber between the first and second panel about 2 weeks ago. Next thing I know, 10 days later it split all the way across!

No longer water resistant and the only thing connecting that last panel is the gaskets on the sides.

Called BAK Industries this morning. They informed me that that isn’t replaceable so they’re sending me an ENTIRE NEW COVER. All I had to do was provide proof of purchase and three photos of the damage.

In this day in age where it seems most manufacturer’s warranty has so many outs they don’t cover a dang thing, it’s refreshing to know someone still builds a product they stand behind.

What companies have you had a POSITIVE warranty experience?

Let’s make it known and support these companies that still stand behind what they make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CentralTXHunter; 06-27-2022, 08:20 AM.

Glad to hear of great experiences with warranties. I’ve had a couple the last few months, one was with Rheem. Purchased a new water softener as our old one failed end of last year. Purchased and replaced it last September/October. I noticed water was pooling up around the base but I also know I had a leak at the inlet/outlet pipe. Well I discovered the base of the unit had a crack in April of this year so I tried calling Home Depot to see about a return but got normal run around. Called Rheem and let them know and they offered to send a new basin and pay for replacement service or to send a new unit and I cover install. I opted for a new unit, received it within 10 days as promised no pics necessary.

Second company was Insinkerator for our garbage disposal. Replaced it in 2019 after original in home took a dump on us. The replacement quit working so again I tried through retailer Lowes to see if we had in store warranty, we didn’t. So I went to purchase a new unit and saw they had a 3 yr warranty so I called Insinkerator to inquire about their warranty. They told me the model I purchased only came with a 2 yr warranty but they updated it to 3 yrs 6 months after my model number was released. Then they said since it was within a few months of the change they would honor the new warranty. They sent me a new unit within 10 business days as well.

I’m really impressed as I would have been out several hundred dollars if I would have had to pay for replacements of both appliances.

Comment

My latest great warranty experience was with Vortex binoculars. I had a pair that lost a part. I contacted them to buy the part, and they replaced the entire set of binos under warranty at no cost to me!!!!

And btw, I have an MX4 on my truck and love it. Don’t see myself owning a truck without one.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
        My latest great warranty experience was with Vortex binoculars. I had a pair that lost a part. I contacted them to buy the part, and they replaced the entire set of binos under warranty at no cost to me!!!!

And btw, I have an MX4 on my truck and love it. Don’t see myself owning a truck without one.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Costa del Mar. I’ve replaced and/repairs the same glasses more than a few times over the last 10+ years. Nose piece came loose the other day and I made a claim. They emailed me that style is no longer available so pick a new pair.

Comment

Leupold- replaced my bino’s with an upgrade!
          #6 made me think of more

RCBS
          Lyman
          Dillon
          Redding
          Forster
          Last edited by Bucknaked; 06-27-2022, 07:12 PM.

Comment

RCBS
            Vortex
            Savage
            Leupold
            Streamlight

Positive experiences with their warranty teams in the past couple years.

Comment

Positive experience in the last month with the below

Caldwell Chronograph

Vedder Holter's/Belts

Both no issues

Comment

Yeti and Pelican. Elusive Wildlife-anything you buy there, zero issues to replace items if defective or stop working.

Comment

Originally posted by JMart76 View Post
                  Glad to hear of great experiences with warranties. I’ve had a couple the last few months, one was with Rheem. Purchased a new water softener as our old one failed end of last year. Purchased and replaced it last September/October. I noticed water was pooling up around the base but I also know I had a leak at the inlet/outlet pipe. Well I discovered the base of the unit had a crack in April of this year so I tried calling Home Depot to see about a return but got normal run around. Called Rheem and let them know and they offered to send a new basin and pay for replacement service or to send a new unit and I cover install. I opted for a new unit, received it within 10 days as promised no pics necessary.

Second company was Insinkerator for our garbage disposal. Replaced it in 2019 after original in home took a dump on us. The replacement quit working so again I tried through retailer Lowes to see if we had in store warranty, we didn’t. So I went to purchase a new unit and saw they had a 3 yr warranty so I called Insinkerator to inquire about their warranty. They told me the model I purchased only came with a 2 yr warranty but they updated it to 3 yrs 6 months after my model number was released. Then they said since it was within a few months of the change they would honor the new warranty. They sent me a new unit within 10 business days as well.

I’m really impressed as I would have been out several hundred dollars if I would have had to pay for replacements of both appliances.

same here on Rheem. They replaced a water heater a few weeks ago for me that developed a short in the wiring. Told them what happened, gave them the warranty info and they sent me a return number for it, No hassles, just straight-up customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                    Yeti and Pelican. Elusive Wildlife-anything you buy there, zero issues to replace items if defective or stop working.

Oh yea. Used Elusive's warranty too

Comment

Safelite auto glass

Comment

Originally posted by txjustin View Post
                        Costa del Mar. I’ve replaced and/repairs the same glasses more than a few times over the last 10+ years. Nose piece came loose the other day and I made a claim. They emailed me that style is no longer available so pick a new pair.

This is NOT the experience I've had the last couple times I dealt with Costa. It used to be the case but not anymore. I'm moving on to something else my next pair.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                          This is NOT the experience I've had the last couple times I dealt with Costa. It used to be the case but not anymore. I'm moving on to something else my next pair.
                          I moved on to Smith optics. Done with Costa. Oh and Smith didnt charge mecca dime to replace my broken glasses

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post

Yeti did me a solid almost 4 years ago. I was in a bad rollover car accident and had 3 yeti coolers in the bed of my truck destroyed. Obviously zero fault to them, but they sent me a Roadie for free and gave me 50% off to use whenever I wanted with no restrictions.

Comment

Costa sent me a brand new pair of sunglasses last week after my frame broke, didn’t even ask me to pay shipping. I didn’t provide proof of purchase or anything. I was very surprised and happy

Comment

Working...
                              X