Crawfish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crawfish?

Have some hunters coming next weekend from Ohio, they want crawfish. Are they still in season, they want to pick them up in Louisiana??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You can still get them. A little harder to come by right now but you can still get them especially in Louisiana.

Comment

Buy Crawfish online and get your boiled crawfish from Cajun Crawfish! Our specialty is Live Crawfish, direct from our farm in Branch, LA.

Maybe still get them from this place? Not sure only seen stalekracker talk about them. I know H‑E‑B around here had them last Sunday

Comment

The problem you're gonna run into is the pond fished crawfish season is nearing it's end since the crawfish have hard shells. Deepwater Basin caught crawfish are what you want right now.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyCards2006 View Post
          Have some hunters coming next weekend from Ohio, they want crawfish. Are they still in season, they want to pick them up in Louisiana??

Are they wanting to take them back to Ohio or have a boil here. There not gonna transport very well at all in this heat even in a cooler. If they want to take them back to Ohio they need to just buy frozen tails that can be used in a variety of recipes.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
            Are they wanting to take them back to Ohio or have a boil here. There not gonna transport very well at all in this heat even in a cooler. If they want to take them back to Ohio they need to just buy frozen tails that can be used in a variety of recipes.

They want me to cook them at the ranch. Pick them up Thursday and cook them Friday. We’ve kept ours overnight on ice and didn’t have any problem. Maybe it’s different this late.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
              The problem you're gonna run into is the pond fished crawfish season is nearing it's end since the crawfish have hard shells. Deepwater Basin caught crawfish are what you want right now.

Yeah, we did some a couple of times at the end of May and the shells were real hard.

Comment

Not sure but a couple weeks ago H-E-B was still excepting Wednesday orders for Friday pickups.

Rwc

Comment

Download the crawfish app. It will give you prices and locations near you. Looks like a few around DFW. $2.50 - $4+.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes they are.

Comment

My good friend wholesales crawfish in Crowley La. He said that he stop selling last week to restaurants. And only selling the few sacks he is getting to farmers for reseeding.

Comment

On my way to pick up 3 sacks in magnolia now....will be our last boil for the year

Comment

Like Cajun Blake said unless deep water crawfish from the basin I would serve them boiled shrimp and make a crawfish etouffee. Unless you have a back home connection you ain't getting basin bugs in Texas.

I have seen the bugs still being served here in Houston and they are hard as rocks.

Comment

The shells are going to be hard as rocks. Have them pick up some crawfish tails, and some redfish or snapper fillets. The fix them some blacken fish served with Pontchartrain w/ crawfish tails mixed in over rice.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJPPNMyCzYc&t=1s"]Louisiana Catch and Cook - Redfish Pontchartrain w/ Team Compton's Jaceman! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I agree with all of the above, they want crawfish and I make good crawfish, but don’t think it’s worth the money and effort.

Maybe a live hunt instead. Axis, blackbuck and oryx on the menu. Gonna be hot and dry.
                              Dang it’s going to be hot.

Comment

Working...
                              X