Adding power pole to your boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glen View Post
    Why do you want 2 poles? I see people with them but I’ve never fished where I can’t move a few feet and it make a difference. If you are adding upgrades. I would add a power pole and spot lock trolling motor.
    I can tell you why. If you want to stay still without it turning and fight the trolling motor. I don't know why you just would own just one

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      If fishing fresh from the boat you want two, if just anchoring while wading the salt one is fine.

You will never notice the weight
      Can you're boat drift while deployed

Comment

I’ve had three boats with power poles. The first boat only had one. The last two both had a pair.

I describe it as having 1 leg versus 2. You can get around on one leg. But it’s a heck of a lot easier with 2.

With 1 pole a boat will move back and forth in the wind. With a pair of poles the boat is locked down and wont move.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
          Can you're boat drift while deployed

My talon comes loose sometimes in the mud in the ulm. If I get out to wade I always put my anchor out too.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
            My talon comes loose sometimes in the mud in the ulm. If I get out to wade I always put my anchor out too.
            All it takes is a rogue wave or high tide and your stranded too. Smart move using a real anchor.

Comment

Originally posted by waterspiderpd27 View Post
              All it takes is a rogue wave or high tide and your stranded too. Smart move using a real anchor.
              You ain't having fun if you ain't chasing the boat mid wade.

I have one and don't mind it. I have no issues flip,shooting,casting docks with one with the ipiolot. But I can walk and chew gum at the same time also. If I was to go back to full glitter boat I'd have 2 most likely

I'd have to take swim platform off to have a second and wife ain't gonna be able to climb her Dos Equis ace back in the boat without that.

I also reccomended a bracket tween the hull and motor
              Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Quackerbox; 06-15-2022, 06:00 PM.

Comment

I have fished in boats with 1 and 2. I can’t imagine only getting 1 if I could afford 2.

Comment

I hate only having 1. The boat swing in the wind and it’s a PITA. My next rig will have two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Go with two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I mostly wade - I see lots of guys croaker fishing with a single pole down and spot lock holding the front to fish sideways.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                        About $750 for both sides.
                        I’m going with 2 tallas next year! Been following this guys build. Have basically the same boats! 2 all the way!!

Comment

Get 2.
                          Talons have been more reliable than power pole in my experience.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have 1. Wish I had 2. But anchors are much cheaper and also work.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                              I mostly wade - I see lots of guys croaker fishing with a single pole down and spot lock holding the front to fish sideways.
                              I'd rather not have the noise of the trolling motor going while fishing for the most part. I have 1 on my shoalwater and wish I had two. Boat swings around with just one at times.

Comment

What size and kind of boat? I put a single talon on my 19 ft ranger. Killed the hole shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X