RV Camper Awning help-bottom bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RV Camper Awning help-bottom bracket

Any suggestions on some sort of filler for the bottom bracket of the awning? The lag bolts are loose and keep backing out. It doesn’t feel like it’s rotten, maybe just hollowed out. Any suggestions on what I can shoot in the holes to re-tighten the bolts?

You could fill holes with silicone and reset screws near existing hole

Comment

Mix up a mixture of Epoxy and sawdust....make it thick but still just a little running. Pack it in the holes and cover with tape till it dries, then you will be able to drill a pilot hole and reinstall the bolts.

Comment

Cut the end off an old zip tie and put it in the screw hole. Then put the lag bolt back in.

Comment

Get a kite stick. Poke it in the hole and break it off in there. Run your lag bolts back in. Like new.

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
            Cut the end off an old zip tie and put it in the screw hole. Then put the lag bolt back in.
            This is a good fix also.

Comment

Thanks. I’ll try the zip tie route to start.

Comment

Buy a dow rod at Home Depot or Lowes about the size of hole. Cut to length, apply some wood glue and push/drive into hole. Let glue dry over-night or couple days. Drill starter hole and screw in lag bolt. Fixed!

Comment

Or, use a handle from a foam brush.

Comment

My sister hollow door latch screws was stripped out.
                    I took a small plastic drywall plug and put that in the holes.
                    They're tight now [emoji1303]

Comment

Cut a pointed piece of wood and drive in there as far as it’ll go then insert your bolt. It’ll stay till the cows come home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                      X