Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2009-2010 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2009-2010 Season

Well almost time for the new season and getting excited! Was good to see everyone again yesterday and a few new ones. We had a great time. Hope everyone has a great year and maybe we can get together and do a few hunts together here and there.

Good luck to everyone and hope everyone has a great season

Ye-haw. It's finally almost here!

My best to each and everyone who "gets out there" this season .

And remeber, "Be Careful". If your not careful, how can ya post about it to us later ?

Comment

Is the COE going to follow the States regs in both ctys? The extra couple of weeks is nice, but I'm not sure I agree with 3 does. Not sure I agree with 2 bucks either.

What about crossbows? Not trying to start a controversy, just wondering.

Comment

no cross bows will be allowed.

Comment

Antler restrictions in place for both counties now, no cross bows, no antlerless. This is what I am being told by tpwd.

Our antlerless harvest regulations on Forest Service lands can be quite confusing. So we're just proposing a little bit of housekeeping and some consolidation. That would also include Army Corps of Engineers and river authority lands. We are proposing that the standard be antlerless by permit only. We would like to specify two exceptions. One of those would be for Fannin County, where no antlerless permit would be required. We've got some other control mechanisms in place that the Forest Service or our Public Hunting Program could control antlerless harvest. Another exception for Wise and Montague counties, where we would propose to basically have doe days during the Thanksgiving break on Forest Service land.
          Gonna be hard to get a legal deer out there this year. As far as the extended doe and spike season applying to ACE land thats up in the air, gonna have to wait until the fort worth district hunting guide gets publish, which should only be a few weeks away.

Comment

Some of the ACE draw deadlines for general permits to hunt the projects via lottery are only a few weeks away too. Someone some where better hurry . And from what ya posted BillformwhereIwasborn (), those are proposals. But I wouldn't dought if they did go through. The TP&W publications are already out. It would be intresting to see how TP&W plans to let it be known to the public, and enforced once the season has started. From the state publication, everyone will be under the influance that the rules are still the same as they have been in the past. That would lead to a lot of unintentional violations across the state simply from lack of letting the general public know.

Course we here on this sight know enough to check and keep on top the best we can (like your trying to do )
            Last edited by Texas Grown; 08-02-2009, 08:47 PM.

Comment

So are antler restrictions in place on both sides of lake Whitney? I haven't hunted there in years,just curious.Sounds like a good idea to me. And what led y'all to believe xbows wont be allowed?

Comment

It was nice to see all of you out at caddo this weekend. May you all make some new memories with some old friends(or some new ones).

Comment

Good to see you and the family too CB. Thanks for coming.

Originally posted by buzzcut View Post
                  So are antler restrictions in place on both sides of lake Whitney? I haven't hunted there in years,just curious.Sounds like a good idea to me.
                  Correct, restricitons on both sides now. And maybe no does. That would mean only a spike and/or a 13"+ buck. But we will have to see how that all works out between ACE and TP&W.

Originally posted by buzzcut View Post
                  And what led y'all to believe xbows wont be allowed?
                  A little bird told me about the X-bows . Take my word for it, please.
                  Last edited by Texas Grown; 08-03-2009, 06:11 PM.

Comment

okay, so what is going to be the process for an antlerless permit?

Comment

Crossbows have never been allowed on corp land there even during general season, (at least not since it went archery only). See here are the regs from aquilla last year, the whitney regs mirror them.

Comment

You are correct DFW. But there has been some question as to wheather they will be allowed since they are now, as of the 2009-2010 season, leagal archery equipment for the archery only season across the state. That means at some other ACE projects, they might be usable now during the Oct season by the general public unless the district office, or the indavidule project manager, forbids them (such as the Whitney managment has done for the coming season).

In other words: even though X-bows are now leagal in Oct. for 2009-2010, Whitney management has decided to continue it's decision to be a non X-bow project.

Hope that clears things up a bit for everyone

Comment

got this off espn web site

Central Flyway
                          Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, and portions of Colorado, Montana, New Mexico and Wyoming:

Ducks: Duck seasons are proposed to be held between September 26, 2009, and January 31, 2010. The daily bag limit would be 6 ducks, with species and sex restrictions as follows: mallard — five, no more than two of which may be females; scaup and redhead — two; wood duck — three; pintail, mottled duck, and canvasback — one. The mottled duck season will begin five days after the beginning of the regular season. The possession limit would be twice the daily bag limit. In the High Plains Mallard Management Unit (roughly west of the 100th Meridian), a 97-day season is proposed. The last 23 days would be able to start no earlier than December 12, 2009. A 74-day season is proposed for the remainder of the Central Flyway.

Geese: Under the proposal, States may select seasons between September 26, 2009 and February 14, 2010, for dark geese and between September 26, 2009, and March 10, 2010, for light geese. East tier States would be able to select a 107-day season for Canada geese season with a daily bag limit of three. For white-fronted geese, States would be able to select either a 72-day season with a daily bag limit of two birds or an 86-day season with a daily bag limit of one bird. In the West Tier, States may select a 107-day dark-goose season with a daily bag limit of five birds. In the Western Goose Zone of Texas, the State would be able to select a 95-day season with a daily bag limit of four dark geese (including no more than one white-fronted goose). Colorado would be able to select a 107-day season with an aggregate bag limit of four. For light geese, all States would be able to select a 107-day season with a daily bag limit of 20 and no possession limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                            okay, so what is going to be the process for an antlerless permit?
                            I still don't understand? how can I legally shoot antlerless this year at whitney and aquilla?

Comment

any bucks left at Whitney???

Comment

Working...
                              X