Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m officially old as of today

Applied for SS today…

Still working and over full SS age so I can make as much as some fool wants to pay me.

67 in January. Where the heck did all the time go??

Congrats for lasting that long. I hope i do. As fast as time flies ill be there before you know it

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

I hear ya. I applied 3 months ago. We are definitely on the downhill side.

Comment

Explain what you mean by over full age and no limit on wages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Retiring and doing the SS, Medicaire, Medicaide crap is a pain. Better find you someone that can walk you through all medical plans that benefit you the most. Got you by 2 years on age!

Comment

Welcome to the club. 67 in august

Comment

67 years old ....have you ever killed a big deer in those 67 years?...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  67 years old ....have you ever killed a big deer in those 67 years?...
                  I think he's killed one. He's a little reluctant to tell that story.

Comment

Happy Birthday Mike!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
                      Explain what you mean by over full age and no limit on wages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      If you start drawing SS before age 66 you are limited on what you can make and still draw SS. Over 66 and drawing SS, there is no limit on earnings

Comment

Congrats Mike! I'm right behind you. Just got my medicare card part A, last month. I'ma filing for SS on my 66th B-day. Cause it takes 6 months for the paper work to go through, from my understanding? That way, I should receive my first check at 66.5 yoa.

And I heard you killed a big deer when you was a younger feller. Is that true?
                        Last edited by Texas Grown; 12-01-2022, 09:13 PM.

Comment

My filing took 6 weeks to be approved. This was September 15 of this year.

Comment

There are three goes in life. Go go, slow go, and no go. The last one sucks.

Comment

Welcome to the club.

Took mine early because I had kids in school still. Ss paid each of them 1300 a month. That put my break even at about 82. That's probably my check out date anyway, if the liver holds. Since I'm self employed I can structure my work load and compensation to stay in the limits. Enjoy. You'll want to work some, just to keep busy.

Comment

Working...
                              X