Dead heads.....what have you found?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead heads.....what have you found?

Visited my wife's uncle in Lakeway over Thanksgiving. They have 15 fenced acres. Found this guy at the back of the property with his foot caught in the fence. Coyotes and critters had gotten to him, but man he still stunk.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Cool find

Comment

Mmmmmm. Barbacoa.

Comment

That's a shame--good looking rack.

Comment

Found a small 6 earlier this season, then last week found a broken 8 pt from last year who got a pass. had 1 antler broke that my boys were making fun on that he was a slick horn on 1 side . . . sucks because he would've been nice this yr. Oh well, guess I got another hat rack LOL

Comment

Found a spike that got its back legs hung between the two top wires. Coyotes got on him within a day or two. Tough way to go…

Comment

Hunted this guy for a couple years. He disappeared after the rut one year. Walked up on him on the edge of a cactus flat when the birds found him.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow! Cant beat that one^^^^

I have found several dead heads, but I do a lot of walking. Couple of big8s. Smaller bucks, does and a beaver head years back

Comment

i have a few, ill update with pics later

Comment

Found a small 8 point a couple weekends ago that looks like someone left. He wasn't a legal buck.
                      Last edited by C.Read; 11-30-2022, 08:11 AM.

Comment

I have found many dead heads, but noting nice. I think the largest was a buck we think was hit by a car, it was on my mother's place, it is maybe a 14" wide 8 point. All of the rest I have found, are spikes to 6 points, that were all under 12" wide, I have found a bunch of those. Probably the most interesting one I ever found was a mouflon ram years ago, while bow hunting. Pretty nice ram, the whole ram was curled up under a bush, it was probably a four year old skeleton.

Those three bucks are all pretty nice bucks, that third one, is very nice.

I have hunted a multiple pieces of property that had some very large bucks, never once, found one dead or found their sheds either. I have found numerous sheds over the years, usually many years old, chewed up by rats, most of those were not much of anything. I have found a couple that had only been on the ground for about a year, still nothing impressive, and always just one side, never both sides.
                        Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 11-30-2022, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Found this deer dead Labor Day.

Comment

my wife said why do you want to shoot the old smaller rack 10 point. just let him get old and die. This thread reminds me of why we put those down for dinner.

Comment

Saw this in the brush from the helicopter doing a survey.

Comment

Working...
                              X