Axis buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axis buck

I hunted all weekend for this guy, of course he showed up this evening (when was sitting on the couch at home) posing in front of my blind. I actually drew back twice on the smaller axis buck this weekend, only to get busted twice by the same nagging axis doe. I think I need to shoot the nagger first, then maybe the bucks will be easier to kill. It’s **** near impossible to draw back on axis when there are 15 of them within 20 yards of you. Maybe next time…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s great. I haven’t seen too many pics of multiple axis since the 2021 freeze . This in Kerr Co?

Comment

I can lend a hand getting rid of a few of those axis does

Comment

Stud! Shoot the old doe! Then it's game on!

Comment

I'm in Kerr county also, I am having hecka time gettin axis to feeders. I see them on trails close by. But there is not water close by either.

Comment

Axis are very weary and smart. If you cave in and shoot the doe first, expect not to see the bucks for a while. Hold off until you can get a clean shot at the buck. Put some alfalfa out and the bucks will go there for an easier shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Double C View Post
              That’s great. I haven’t seen too many pics of multiple axis since the 2021 freeze . This in Kerr Co?
              Yes in Kerr county.

Comment

Nice looking buck too. I would definitely take out the doe asap

I think you chances will improve after that.

No different than an old grandma whitetail that loves to sound the alarm and ruin a hunt.

Comment

Good Axis. The lead doe are the smartest deer of the herd.
                  I also hunt Kerr co and have shot four Axis bucks in the last 5 weeks with the largest being 22". Three of those bucks were for the land owner who wanted meat. I hunt no fence free range over feeders.
                  Axis are making a return since the freeze. Good luck bagging your trophy grade Axis!

Comment

The doe in the rear looks like she is habitually checking the blind.
                    I hope to see the LDPs.
                    Good skilling MrFisher.

Comment

My brother puts peanut bales out at his place and the Axis practically sleep on it, They can finish off a round bale in less than a week.

Comment

Good luck getting him!

Comment

People that annoy you...Naggers...(South Park reference) haha. We always try to kill those Karen's.

Comment

It’s been my experience that if you kill a doe, they leave for awhile. Axis don’t usually behave like whitetail

Comment

Going after him this weekend. He’s been a regular mornings and evenings almost every day. He’s boney and in poor shape. He’s either really old, or has been shot or hit by a car. No matter what, I’ll try my hardest to get him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X