Illegals and backpacks in brush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Illegals and backpacks in brush

Found 12 pack backs this weekend stashed away in some brush over the weekend while out hunting. Anyone seen anything like this before? Or know why they would leave them like this? Mostly empty water bottles, clothes, food wrappers, lotion, deodorant, body spray, toe nail clippers, tweezers, ponchos, and phone chargers inside them. A few hundred yards from here the landowner said he found 30+ down in a canyon. They put rocks and stuff in them to hold them down or tie them to the brush.

Don’t want it to be political or anything I just want to know why they would stash them. They looked at least a few years old based on the amount of dry rot on the bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know but imagine finding one with a bunch of cash in it. That would be sweet.

I've watched No Country for Old Men too many times.

Comment

Pics

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Are you close to a highway pick up area? Might just be dead weight they didn’t want to stray around anymore before getting picked up

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
          I don't know but imagine finding one with a bunch of cash in it. That would be sweet.

I've watched No Country for Old Men too many times.
          I was hoping to find cash but no such luck lol. Was half expecting to find dope or drugs but glad I didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
            Are you close to a highway pick up area? Might just be dead weight they didn’t want to stray around anymore before getting picked up
            North of sanderson on east side of 285 about 2 miles from road. About 20-30iles from the river.

Comment

They hiked to there then got picked up for the ride north. Backpacks take up room that can hold more paying customers in the truck/car/trailer etc.

Comment

I hunt a place close to 77 north of checkpoint, we find em like that all of the time. I figured they dumped em before truck/car picks em up!

Comment

How much for the camo one?

Comment

When I find they’re stuff stashed away I generally burn it

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bald Guy View Post
                      They hiked to there then got picked up for the ride north. Backpacks take up room that can hold more paying customers in the truck/car/trailer etc.
                      I've found bags with the exact same contents. This is what I was assuming. Nowhere near a highway though.

Comment

Its a Cayote rule. They strip search passengers and make them leave everything. They don't take the time to search the bags. They don't want to risk tracking device and or weapons riding with them.

Is there any oil production on the ranch? If you can drive to the bags so can another. Be surprised how many oil trucks pick them up during "rounds".

Comment

I find them stashed quite a bit in Edwards county. They are usually supplies they don't need anymore once they are picked up. they are driving them out in smaller vehicles now to avoid suspicion and don't have the room for baggage.

Comment

I had a place North of Laredo for 25 years or so and found them stashed all over the place over the years. All about the same stuff as the ones you found.... one a couple nice arrowheads and many had spare change (pesos).

Comment

Find them all the time at our place in Carrizo Springs. I've looked through them but never found anything fun, except my buddy found a huge bra in one backpack. We also find carpet strips they put on the bottom of their shoes to not make footprints.

Comment

Working...
                              X