No announcement yet.

Security Camera at Front Gate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy. Cheap $40 driveway alarm for alert and $350 amcrest 25x security camera mounted on house and aimed at driveway entry. You'll wonder how you ever lived without the camera.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Tagged for later.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        We are at the dead end of a long private road. I have one driveway alarm down the road about 75 yards from the gate and another on the gate. Get a couple receivers and it will wake you up out of a dead sleep: "Motion: Sensor 1". And then "Motion: Sensor 2". I added a Tactacam cellular camera to send us pics to our phones. Very little traffic on our road but we get a pic of every car that comes to our gate and get notified of every car (and deer) that comes down the road.

We have the eMacros system: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
        I have basically the same "driveway alarm" by Hosmart at my front gate that's about 250' from the house. Works like a champ. I also have a Reolink cellular cam as well so I can record vid, tilt, pan and talk to anyone at the gate.

1/2 Mile Hosmart Driveway Alarm Wireless Sensor System & Driveway Sensor Alert System Weatherproof Security Outdoor Motion Sensor & Detector https://a.co/d/iTF8t6z

Comment

Following.

Comment

Comment

Trey if you only want notification get a Chamberlain driveway alarm. Runs on batteries and lithium lasted us 2+ years before having to change them.

If you want a video camera with notification get a Reolink cellar camera with solar panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
                Easy. Cheap $40 driveway alarm for alert and $350 amcrest 25x security camera mounted on house and aimed at driveway entry. You'll wonder how you ever lived without the camera.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
                Curious if you record to an NVR or to their “cloud”? Also, is there an app to view & control the camera?? How is the functionality?

Comment

We bought a Guardian Long Range driveway alarm and it works well. Our house is 800' from the front gate. You can add up to 4 devices to this one receiver. Paid $60 thru amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                    We are at the dead end of a long private road. I have one driveway alarm down the road about 75 yards from the gate and another on the gate. Get a couple receivers and it will wake you up out of a dead sleep: "Motion: Sensor 1". And then "Motion: Sensor 2". I added a Tactacam cellular camera to send us pics to our phones. Very little traffic on our road but we get a pic of every car that comes to our gate and get notified of every car (and deer) that comes down the road.

We have the eMacros system: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                    Chews system works very well. Ask me how I know.

Comment

Perfect timing on this thread. We need something exactly like this for our new place in east Texas. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I tagged this thread to look at it later because one of yall posted a link to a unit that advertised a range of 1 mile. Now its gone.

Anyone remember which one it was?

Comment

I use a Covert Cell Trail Camera. I set mine up at the cattle guard so the vehicle is traveling slow enough to catch the license plate coming in and leaving. The setup is about 1/4 mile from the house.

Comment

We have the eMacros system (older model) with 4 sensors and one base unit paired with trail cams. These have been in place for a couple years with no issues.

Comment

Some of the Riolinks have pan and tilt. As well as speakers with voice and sirens. And a solar panel can be hooked up. So no changing batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                                Some of the Riolinks have pan and tilt. As well as speakers with voice and sirens. And a solar panel can be hooked up. So no changing batteries.

Are they cellular? Or Wi-Fi ?

Comment

Working...
                                X