No announcement yet.

New Bow day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully they'll get the issue resolved soon and get you back in the woods with it.

Comment

Awesome bow. I’ve got 3 Kodiak takedowns including the exact bow you have except RH 50#. Enjoy the new bow and good luck in the woods!

Comment

We’ll maybe this thread will help my self-restraint
        Sorry to read this OP

Comment

Well, got an update and let’s say it’s a big bummer that Bear archery has the quality control issues they have. Bear said it would take 3-4 months to get the bow turned around. Called 3Rivers and wanted a replacement bow, broke it down and shipped it back. Few weeks went by and no word so I called….they just refunded my money instead of replacing the bow. Pretty pizzed that you spend $1400 on an item and you get creaky limb pockets and mismatched color limbs. To be completely honest, my 2019 Kodiak and 20’ Grizzly were great examples of Bear bows but my 21’ Super Kodiak has some flaws that I wouldn’t have let leave the factory. The limb has a dent and the sand and finish work around the handle is pretty shoddy, but I didn't want to send it back so I tolerated it. Bow shoots fine so that’s really what matters, but still, it’s not a cheap item and one would expect a smooth and even finish, imo that’s not asking a whole lot.

One good takeaway of all this is I decided not to get another bow and stick with the Super K for this season, I left it at the ranch planning on coming back a few days later….well a few days turned into two weeks and I didn’t have any bow to shoot so I dug out the 59’ Kodiak, put the quiver back on and string it up. I have been reading Fred Asbell’s book about instinctive shooting so I changed my grip, applied back tension and turned my previously unshootable bow into an accurate hunting weapon that I hope to take a deer with before season is up.

Comment

The new black maple I’ve seen Bear using isn’t taking the black pigment as good as others, maybe it’s the density of the maple wedges in your limbs or the pigments itself? As far as creaking limbs. My takedowns did that until I waxed the contract points with string wax. My custom 3 piece longbows creaked and I fixed em with wax too, doesn’t mean I gonna get rid of them either. None of my Kodiak takedowns gave me headaches or had mismatched coloring etc. Unfortunately in today’s mass production and quality control / staff that with no give a crap in them, these things happen more so than in a custom shop.
            Even with a custom bow from a Bowyer, who’s the only person to touch the bow start to finish, sometimes things aren’t perfect and things break, come loose and delaminate or get flaws in the glass.
            Hopefully 3Rivers makes it right. Sorry it didn’t work out with the Kodiak takedown.

Comment

New Bow day

You paid $1400 for a Bear bow???? [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

Sorry, that’s all I got!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                You paid $1400 for a Bear bow???? [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

Sorry, that’s all I got!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Just looked at the receipt it was $1130…but still

Comment

Originally posted by BillyJack1975 View Post
                  The new black maple I’ve seen Bear using isn’t taking the black pigment as good as others, maybe it’s the density of the maple wedges in your limbs or the pigments itself? As far as creaking limbs. My takedowns did that until I waxed the contract points with string wax. My custom 3 piece longbows creaked and I fixed em with wax too, doesn’t mean I gonna get rid of them either. None of my Kodiak takedowns gave me headaches or had mismatched coloring etc. Unfortunately in today’s mass production and quality control / staff that with no give a crap in them, these things happen more so than in a custom shop.
                  Even with a custom bow from a Bowyer, who’s the only person to touch the bow start to finish, sometimes things aren’t perfect and things break, come loose and delaminate or get flaws in the glass.
                  Hopefully 3Rivers makes it right. Sorry it didn’t work out with the Kodiak takedown.
                  I tried all the wax, felt, etc. would be silent the first shot then creak on everyone after that

Comment

Just for the record my three piece PTs don't creak.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                      Just for the record my three piece PTs don't creak.

Haha yep. Been looking into some custom type bows. I just wanted to get into the Bear bow nostalgia. Loved the bow and it shot good. Just creaked like a wooden ship

Know anything about blacktail bows?

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post

Blacktails are outstanding bows. Very graceful and quiet. I have been shooting an older 19" riser Elite VL for a year now and I have truly enjoyed it. No complaint about their performance either.
                        They are not currently taking orders, as they are working through their backlog.
                        They should catch-up pretty soon from what I heard.
                        The people who own the company are also great to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                          Haha yep. Been looking into some custom type bows. I just wanted to get into the Bear bow nostalgia. Loved the bow and it shot good. Just creaked like a wooden ship

Bisch has one that shoots nice, looks nice. Other than that no.

Comment

the one good takaway from all this is i found i really like a 56" bow. So next bow I get will have to be a custom and 56", since Bear can't get there act together

Comment

Working...
                            X