No announcement yet.

2022 -2023 Duck Season Thread!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few hunts from my farm during Thanksgiving week. What an incredible week. Looking forward to next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How is everyone's feelings on mojos? Flying ones and not ripplers or swimmers.

Seems to become more and more of a topic as the season goes on. I am in the boat if we put any out its just one or two and they are usually pulled once we are 30-40 mins into the hunt and the birds can see everything crystal clear.

During teal season I have no object but as we enter the second half of Big duck we get our pintails and mallards doing the circle hokie pokie a handful of times and there is no way the mojos help those scenarios (IMO).

Curious on others thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post

Seems to become more and more of a topic as the season goes on. I am in the boat if we put any out its just one or two and they are usually pulled once we are 30-40 mins into the hunt and the birds can see everything crystal clear.

During teal season I have no object but as we enter the second half of Big duck we get our pintails and mallards doing the circle hokie pokie a handful of times and there is no way the mojos help those scenarios (IMO).

We only run the mojos early in the season. After that, they do more harm than good.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post

We ran mojo's the first weekend of teal season and after two groups flared we turned it off and left it up in the spread. Haven't turned it on or brought it back out since. We probably didn't get a few groups to work that would have with it, but I feel fairly confident we got the groups that didn't want to see it.

Comment

I am the opposite of most folks on Mojos. I think they work year round, especially if the sun is high. There is definitely an art to where you position them in your spread and the amount of them you use.

Don't take my word for it though... follow Carters Big Island or Habitat flats and watch where they run traffic on the same ducks for a lot of the season.

Comment

2022 -2023 Duck Season Thread!!!!!!

I run them (usually 2) most of the season but let the birds dictate if they are going to be effective or not. Once the sun is up good, I will pull them quickly if the birds don’t finish. Some days they work all morning and other times they do harm. I haven’t been able to figure it out and it can change almost daily it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats Pin Oak! Great hunts!

Comment

No spinners for me after the 1st week or so.

Comment

Appreciate the responses!

I will probably continue to place them out at first and then pull as needed. Been adding more swimmers and feeders to the spread lately and will probably try out one of those motion decoy spreaders in the next couple of weeks.
                    Last edited by 150class; 12-02-2022, 02:27 PM.

Comment

I have had a great season so far! Here are some pics from teal season, I also got to tag along on a gator hunt. Gator ended up at 10-12' I forget the exact measurement.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by marshhunter; 12-02-2022, 03:52 PM.

Comment

It has definitely been a heck of a start to big duck season! Looking forward to many more mornings in the duck blind!
                        Attached Files

Comment

I use mojos pretty much only during teal season or if i know we are going to a spot where the majority of the ducks will be teal.

Don’t use many swimmers either, they always seem to get tangled in something and seem to be more work than their worth.

Now pulsators i run every chance i get. Same with the flock a flickers. I’ll put a flock a flicker in the middle of a tight wad of decoys just to get the quick flash but go back off with decoys being too close to it for the ducks to pick out.

If i could see one in person to see how good they work I’d like to add a designated puller just can’t bring myself to spend the money nor the extra 10 min of sleep given to set it up. But on the other hand a jerk chord is tried and true for decades but boy do i hate pulling that **** string constantly.
                          Anyone have any experience with the designated puller?

Comment

I like a little random flash in my spreads. I use big spreads for big water. And also use pulsators in random program with remotes to shut it all down when birds turn in.

Comment

Good Luck to everyone in the morning hunting.

Comment

Rise and shine amigos!

I’ll bet I have the longest commute to chase these stupid birds this morning at 151 miles

Comment

Working...
                                X