Are Bucee's parking lots safe ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are Bucee's parking lots safe ?

Seeing the gun theft thread https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...9#post16533982
    had me wondering.

I've never read of vehicle theft or break ins while in the Bucee's parking lot.

It wasn't listed as one of the common places that get hit in that thread above ^.

Are they immune or just not happening enough to get commented on?

I for one have been guilty of leaving my Ford Theft250 unattended in the parking lot while loaded to the gills headed to the lease.

If this is not a hunter friendly safe space we will go back to swapping out who is in the store and who mans the truck.

I mainly frequent the Katy and Luling store this time of year.

Generally there is a LEO in the parking lot somewhere.
    They must employee them, because they are always there.

Comment

If I were a thief, a buccees parking lot is the last place I would go for a smash and grab. I feel like they have 20k cameras, and there are entirely too many people moving all around. Way too many eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
        If I were a thief, a buccees parking lot is the last place I would go for a smash and grab. I feel like they have 20k cameras, and there are entirely too many people moving all around. Way too many eyes.
        I've never been to a Buc Ees where people actually pay attention to anything around them other than walking aimlessly to the RRs or in awe of the store

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
          I've never been to a Buc Ees where people actually pay attention to anything around them other than walking aimlessly to the RRs or in awe of the store
          ^^This

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
            After parking under the covered awning to do so ....aka the fuel pumps....

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
              After parking under the covered awning to do so ....aka the fuel pumps....
              This ^^^^^. Burns my arse when people fill up, put the pump back up, then walk into the store when there’s lines of vehicles to fill up

Comment

Thats a big AMEN...

Comment

any parking lot if you have a hunting are fishing bumper and windows stickers you are a target.

Comment

Swap out no matter where you are.

Comment

Plus it's a Bucee's, at any one time there are at less 10 people packing heat.

Comment

Bucee locations are constantly busy which means hundreds of eyes and cameras. I/we try to get a spot as close as possible, get our business done and not meanander. Be it a pallet of corn or use the facilities. Buccees does give me a better feeling of security than other places to fuel up. best bet though is not leave anything exposed and if possible. Have someone sit in truck.

Comment

Yeah we telegraph ourselves as hunters with expensive crap in our trucks. I'd say buccees is as safe as anywhere but nowhere is safe.

Comment

Buc-ees tend to be located in more rural, low crime areas. Now, there is one in Baytown, so that may be an exception, but I've never heard of a theft at Buc-ees. That being said, theft happens everywhere, and Buc-ees isn't completely immune from it.

Comment

No where is safe.

Comment

Working...
                              X