Game wardens may need warrant now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steve morton View Post
    Does this mean that a warden can speed over to your $90,000.00 fishing rig during a tournament, slam into it with his 24' center console bay rig, and demand you to open said fish holding receptical be cause he believes that it contains game that may be illegal or undersized/exceeding the limit ect.

Again hypothetically speaking.

Yes on the inspection.

If your boat was damaged, you really should report the incident (I’d ask for a Major) and file a tort claim with TPWD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Last edited by Lost10mm; 10-18-2022, 08:15 PM.

Comment

I’m gonna have to rethink this Hunting and Fishing thing. Suddenly got complicated after reading half of this thread and now don’t know what to do if approached by green jeans.

Comment

Does this mean that a warden can speed over to your $90,000.00 fishing rig during a tournament, slam into it with his 24' center console bay rig, and demand you to open said fish holding receptical be cause he believes that it contains game that may be illegal or undersized/exceeding the limit ect.

Had this happen once although not in a tournament. T boned me pretty good and acted like a boating accident didn’t just happen. Asked to look in my ice chest before he asked if I was ok.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
            I think a lot of folks get bent out of shape on this one. There’s 8 dudes sitting around a campfire opening night at a deer camp, it’s not real hard for the game warden to prove he reasonably believes they’ve been engaged in the activity of hunting when he comes and wants to look in coolers and check licenses.
            The law doesn’t say that. It says facts supporting a crime. Like, I looked at them and because of A, B and C, it looked like they illegally __________ (fill in the blank).
            Last edited by tvc184; 10-18-2022, 10:39 PM.

Comment

He doesn’t have to believe it is illegal while you are fishing or hunting. It is a regulated activity. The question was at night in a hotel parking lot can a game wardens start opening containers.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post

Finally, why would you wear camp while cutting the grass?
                Originally posted by alien_scones View Post
                wearing camo while doing yardwork may be in bad taste but it's not illegal... yet
                Lol! Haven’t y’all ever worn a camo shirt and jeans before when just doing yard work or running around town? It ain’t like I’m talking about wearing a gillie suit. Y’all crack me up.
                Heck, I went to a Farm Bureau conference and saw three different people wearing pressed camouflage shirts and pressed jeans.

Of course my point was that just because I’m wearing camouflage of some sort doesn’t mean I’m hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                  Lol! Haven’t y’all ever worn a camo shirt and jeans before when just doing yard work or running around town? It ain’t like I’m talking about wearing a gillie suit. Y’all crack me up.
                  Heck, I went to a Farm Bureau conference and saw three different people wearing pressed camouflage shirts and pressed jeans.

Of course my point was that just because I’m wearing camouflage of some sort doesn’t mean I’m hunting.
                  I wear camo all the time, usually not pants though. I'll also wear an orange hat quite often.

Comment

Sure hope the GW's don't try to go eat at LeBlanc's! Terry wears camo at the restaurant EVERY DAY rain or shine heat or cold! Poor ol' Gumbo Man would wear out a hunting license by season's end showin' it 'cause he had that dang camo t-shirt on!

Comment

I rarely wear camo. I have been stopped twice over the years exiting my ranch during deer season and asked for my license. Did not have it either time and was told I needed to have my license on me “at all times” during the season. One time I was out there installing cedar siding and didn’t even open the safe. Told the wardens both times I wasn’t hunting and keep my license in the safe so I don’t lose the dang thing. The time I was doing siding he said he KNEW I was hunting. I told him only weapon I handled was a radial arm saw and finish nailer. Shouldn’t be too hard to understand some people actually go to their ranch and don’t hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        Sure hope the GW's don't try to go eat at LeBlanc's! Terry wears camo at the restaurant EVERY DAY rain or shine heat or cold! Poor ol' Gumbo Man would wear out a hunting license by season's end showin' it 'cause he had that dang camo t-shirt on!
                        I was wearing a camo shirt this morning Slick, and all I was hunting was a taquito and a cup of coffee at the local DQ ! Well, in all fairness Sarge and I did pull the sd card on my feeder out back of the house. **** wardens ambushed us between the house and the feeder and demanded to see our hunting licenses and Sarge didn’t have his handy……(hard for a JRT to carry a hunting license’cause he ain’t got no pockets). He had his rabies tag on though………

Comment

He had a been caught poaching and they were just trying to catch the crook!

DONT POACH AND THEY WILL MOST LIKELY LEAVE YOU ALONE!

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                            I rarely wear camo. I have been stopped twice over the years exiting my ranch during deer season and asked for my license. Did not have it either time and was told I needed to have my license on me “at all times” during the season. One time I was out there installing cedar siding and didn’t even open the safe. Told the wardens both times I wasn’t hunting and keep my license in the safe so I don’t lose the dang thing. The time I was doing siding he said he KNEW I was hunting. I told him only weapon I handled was a radial arm saw and finish nailer. Shouldn’t be too hard to understand some people actually go to their ranch and don’t hunt.
                            Good grief. If they want it that bad just run your plates and look you up in the system, telling you have have to carry a hunting license at all times even when not hunting is BS. It'd be fun to review some of the bodycam tapes of these incidents with their superior to see what they think.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                              This right here! If that fuzz buster Quackerbox tries to pull me over, I'm gonna tell him he is #1 with my middle finger and roll on🤣🤣🤣
                              you wait till I find your wife and Im on my moped again

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                                That just can’t be right. I’d be making some phone calls over that bs.

Comment

Working...
                                X