Questioning neighbor’s stand location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
    Put an old deer stand right on the fence directly in line with his stand and feeder. Make sure you cover the back so they cant see if anyones in it. Ive done this multiple times and always takes care of the problem.
    I like this.

Comment

Originally posted by southtx View Post
      They own property!!!!you lease hunting land!!! Go kick rocks!!!
      Genius response.

Comment

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
        Put an old deer stand right on the fence directly in line with his stand and feeder. Make sure you cover the back so they cant see if anyones in it. Ive done this multiple times and always takes care of the problem.
        Put a children's playhouse/fort there instead.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Have a conversation with them like an adult would. Pretty simple.

Comment

Me, I’d talk to the guy first and if no results I’d just set a hog trap right there on my side of the fence and run it every morning. As with the neighbors action, no laws have been broken.

Comment

Just go enjoy your hunts. He is obviously going to hunt- only way I would say a word is if you have a legitimate safety concern. In that case go talk to him/her

Comment

Air cannon, have it go off every 2 hours. Lol

Comment

Knock his feeder over and burn the stand .

No,no,no, Be civil and put a stand on the fence line. Lol

As said before, this scenario happens every year. Contact him or leave a note.

Comment

Since you are leasing, the first thing I would do is talk to your landowner and see if they will talk to the other landowner. To me that talk should be landowner to landowner. If your landowner says no then you can have the conversation assuming your landowner doesn't tell you not to which is possible.

The talk should be 100% about safety. I didn't see you mention if you have a stand near by. If you do, I would make sure whoever talks to the neighbor lets them know exactly where your stand is so they know which direction not to shoot, assuming they care. If they don't care you really have 2 options. Hunt and hope for the best or move your set up.

I would definitely try being civil first and would only involve the game warden as a last resort. For a last resort, this would come after setting up a faux stand as others have mentioned.

I am dealing with something similar. I was building a bow blind in September and noticed somebody on the property I hunt (my cousin lets me hunt there for free and he lives out there), or at least I thought it was our property. I went over and talked to them and they said "I think we are on our property but if not let us know and we can move the feeder over". I told them I didn't know for sure but told them my blind was just "past that tree" so they would know where i was. I told my cousin and he went and looked. Turns out they are on their property (there are no fences as this is in Colorado river floodplain) but the property is only 240' wide. It is what it is and not much I can do about it. But, if I hunt that stand, I will be parking right by the feeder to ensure my safety...

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                      I’ve asked many times and they all looked at me like I was an idiot and said my property I’ll do as I d*** please. They know what they are doing by putting feeder on fence line to begin with.
                      This ! I had a lease for 18 years in Runnels Co. My rancher died my fifth year in. That was in April. Before deer season started the neighbor to the south put a stand about 125 yards from the fence and a feeder about 25 yards from the fence. This is where I generally parked when I hunted our southermost stand, which faced away from the fence about 300 yards away. I parked there because it was a low spot and had been parking there for four years. I just kept parking there whether their stand was occupied or not. That neighbor would never have put that stand there if the rancher was still alive but he knew the wife wouldn’t say anything to him. I treat aholes like aholes should be treated. I have no problem setting a stand close to the fence as long as you’re not shooting in the direction of the fence.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigcoyote View Post
                        Yesterday I discovered the neighbor on my lease has a feeder about 20 yds from our bordering fenceline…and a stand about 80 yds out. Looks like a small farm with a house nearby. Seems like bullets would be going over the property line. What’s my remedy here? Talk to the guy? Call GW?
                        Talk to him or leave a note on the fence.

This happened to me early this summer. My neighbor saw my feeder and blind set up. He was correct if I gun hunted I'd be shooting his way. Didn't even cross my mind as it's a bow set up for us.

But I simply moved the feeder. He could have stressed out, called the GW, made a big deal on TBH etc... But a simple note and then I called him and all good.

Comment

Originally posted by Ungawa View Post
                          Alot of unknowns here, BUT:
                          Personally if I was your neighbor I would set up just the opposite. Blind closer to property line and feeder to interior of my own property.
                          Keeps him safe because you shouldn't be shooting over the fence and less of a chance his bullet will leave his property.
                          Talk is the best method first, then game warden if you can not work it out.
                          If you don't know your neighbor, you need to anyhow.
                          Hope this helps. Good luck and keep us updated.
                          The problem with this is all these guys get bent out of shape about the blind being on the fence line. Personally I think blind on the fence shooting away is much more preferable.

Comment

I just don’t understand folks who questions what another man or neighbor does on his/their own property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Talk to the source 1st. Then call in the principal.

Comment

Originally posted by bcmuzzy View Post
                                I just don’t understand folks who questions what another man or neighbor does on his/their own property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Probably because a feeder on the fence line adds up to bullets coming off that property. Very dangerous

Comment

Working...
                                X