No announcement yet.

A month too late/soon!! DANGIT!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rut in September? Weather change kicked it off? Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Now the GS deer biologists have showed up... LOL. Sweet!!

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
        Well this rain and slight cool down has the rut kicking off big time here in Brazoria county... Bucks are now tending and chasing pretty hard..
        The rut will be near the tail end before we can legally sling an arrow...
        It happens early every year now for the last 20+. It used to peak in October back in the day..
        Awww....you gotta love the Bar X

Comment

All of you skeptics need to move to Brazoria county for a year or 2 and get back with us with your opinions on the September rut.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
            All of you skeptics need to move to Brazoria county for a year or 2 and get back with us with your opinions on the September rut.
            I think they are poking fun at the "weather kicking it off" type comments, not the timing, as it has been well documented by scientific studies since the early 90s that indeed this areas peek breeding in early Sept. I'm also sure the OP knows the weather doesn't start the rut and was making an observation that bc of the recent weather, the day time activity has been more prevalent.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
              I've never understood why so many call BS on this.. TPWD will verify.. Actually they will say it starts in August based on their studies.. Every year the "GS biologists show up" to debate what some of us know to be fact and no not just on BarX Ranch..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                I've never understood why so many call BS on this.. TPWD will verify.. Actually they will say it starts in August based on their studies.. Every year the "GS biologists show up" to debate what some of us know to be fact and no not just on BarX Ranch..
                I wasn't calling BS on the rut activity, I understand the rut happens earlier on the coast than everywhere else in the state. I just didn't understand your comment about it being related to the weather when it obviously is this early every year.

Comment

I'm just here to hand out awards.....

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                    Weather doesn't impact rut timing. Weather impacts how much rut goes on in the daylight hours.

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                    I think they are poking fun at the "weather kicking it off" type comments, not the timing, as it has been well documented by scientific studies since the early 90s that indeed this areas peek breeding in early Sept. I'm also sure the OP knows the weather doesn't start the rut and was making an observation that bc of the recent weather, the day time activity has been more prevalent.
                    .........this would be correcto mundo! More importantly, BE READY on October 1 to sling an arrow down in that country.

Comment

I don't know how anyone can enjoy the hunts down there if it's the same way for 20+ years. No rut during season? No thank you.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by bakin7005; 09-06-2022, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Just an FYI!!!! The rut doesn't change

What changes is yalls in person sightings.

Comment

So the rain and slight cool down triggered the rut?

Comment

For the knuckle heads who always want to argue.. Look at Gulf Coast Prairies and Marshes

Last edited by PondPopper; 09-06-2022, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                              So the rain and slight cool down triggered the rut?
                              NO.. Never has and never will.. But It definitely has them on their feet more during the day now instead of night..

Comment

Oh wow, I was just messing with ya bout the spotlighting and such. I guess there really is lot of people that don't know about the early rut in the northern coastal region. Here in Victoria we're considered southern coastal region and seldomly make it out of October without rut peaking.

Comment

Working...
                                X