Blk out for deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blk out for deer

What the thoughts on the 300blk out for deer under 150yrds. 120gr sst running 2100fps my cousin loaded for me. I’ve always bow hunted but have the Ruger Ranch in the blk out. Going Saturday morning with my son & wanted to give him a choice of his bow or the gun. Most likely shot would be inside 75yrds.

I’ve lost track of the number of deer and pigs killed with my 300 blackout sbr. They’ve all been with the Barnes 110 grain TAC-TX bullet. All within the ranges you’re expecting.

Comment

Blk out for deer

I have many customers who use them for the kiddos. They work great. I shoot 150gr Winchester xp and get great results out of it. I have debated on what is going with me opening day. Think the sbr will travel.
      Last edited by onetondodge; 11-01-2018, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback77 View Post
        I’ve lost track of the number of deer and pigs killed with my 300 blackout sbr. They’ve all been with the Barnes 110 grain TAC-TX bullet. All within the ranges you’re expecting.

Exactly the same for me.

110 TAC TX is the only Bullet I use these days.

I get 2315fps out of my 8” SBR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My g-son has killed an 8 point..the last 2 seasons with a 300 blackout Ruger American.... We shoot 150 grain soft points at 1950 ft sec.... He also has done in lots of pigs with an AR the same caliber....
          Attached Files

Comment

was trying to decide on a truck/kid gun and i think im going with a 300.. will be bolt action axis or american..

Comment

It’ll work, but not as good as a 30-06

Comment

I’ve killed a few hogs and several deer with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We've taken bunches of deer filling MLD tags with the BO shooting subsonic out of archery blinds with a SBR with can

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                    was trying to decide on a truck/kid gun and i think im going with a 300.. will be bolt action axis or american..
                    Both are probably good guns...he likes this Ruger....
                    Attached Files

Comment

Last weekend my friend killed a doe with a .300 blk out SBR @ 70yds with 110gr. She didn't move. I was quite impressed.

Comment

We lost a good buck using 300 bo last weekend on youth weekend. Still upset. Not blaming gun or round. Prob poor shot placement my sons 7. We ll keep trying....

Comment

I’ve killed lots of stuff with a 110gr V-Max out to 150 yards

Comment

I haven't killed any deer but I've killed a pile of pigs with my 300 Blk. I also have a Ruger Ranch. I'm sure it would get the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by Wil Taylor View Post
                              I’ve killed lots of stuff with a 110gr V-Max out to 150 yards
                              Same here, I use that round and the Honrnady Custom both have but many animals down with out a step.

My son and my nephew took their first deer with my 300 blk out.

Comment

Working...
                              X