Toyota Tacoma Lovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
    Darn shame that man had to hit a deer for you to allow him to get a new truck.
    Ha Ha. We love our Toyota’s

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
      Just be glad you didn't drive a 4 cylinder.....it cant get out of its own way. I own one.
      Lol I had an older 22r with 31x10.5 and I don’t know if I ever got past 3rd gear in that lawnmower. Lol. Got about 13-14 mpg would haul a John boat if it had too

Sold before 150k. Transmission, head gasket, a few water pumps and other wear items.

Off road though it was like driving a 4 wheeler. Go about anywhere easily

Comment

In the world of brand loyalty, Toyota has the most rabid base there is.

Comment

You ever driven a supercharged taco.?That along w some Bilstein that truck is an animal

Agreed though stock is not great ride but it will go forever

Comment

I love my TACOMA TRD SPORT and I shoot a 6.5 Creedmoor! Hate away........

Comment

i had a 4 cylinder as a rental for a while. I ****ing hated it

Comment

Tacomas are like lego sets. I have never seen anywhere near the accessory and aftermarket availability like is available for a tacoma. Closest thing is a Jeep, and if you think a tacoma ride is bad… it ain’t nothing compared to a jeep. The gear searching can easily be fixed with an aftermarket tune to change the shift pattern.

I got mine because the 4X4 Z71 i had before (had it 13 years) wouldn’t fit on old logging roads/trails without scraping branches all the whole way. It also made it harder for the wife to get in/out of the garage.

My tacoma is also MUCH more capable off road than my Z71 was. The lighter weight keeps me out of trouble in soft ground, and the shorter wheel base means i don’t have to make 6 point turns on switchbacks.

If i needed to pull trailers, i’d get a full size… but, for hunting and fishing down old unmaintained roads, i pick my tacoma any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The longest lasting engine on the planet! The best resale of any vehicle on the planet not labeled a classic.

Comment

The new Nissan Frontier will hopefully make Toyota improve their game

Comment

Originally posted by jaspermac View Post
                      The new Nissan Frontier will hopefully make Toyota improve their game

Comment

I had a 2002 4x4 and while I liked the ability to lock all the wheels together, I still didn't think it was much of a 4 wheel drive. I had to have major front end work done 3 times and rear end work done once and if it hadn't been for the wheel lock it, I would have been stuck multiple times because the 4 wheel drive wasn't even real. The truck I had before was an 87 Ford Ranger 4x4 and it was 10 times tougher of a truck than the Tacoma was. It also got 10 more MPG than the Yota got.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                          Go drive a taco and then go drive the new frontier... I even think the old Frontier (Gen 2, 4.0L, 2005-2020 body style) beats the snot out of the 3.5L Taco. The older 4.0 taco gives it more of a run for its money

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                            I had a 2002 4x4 and while I liked the ability to lock all the wheels together, I still didn't think it was much of a 4 wheel drive. I had to have major front end work done 3 times and rear end work done once and if it hadn't been for the wheel lock it, I would have been stuck multiple times because the 4 wheel drive wasn't even real. The truck I had before was an 87 Ford Ranger 4x4 and it was 10 times tougher of a truck than the Tacoma was. It also got 10 more MPG than the Yota got.
                            Them old square rangers were army tanks! (I had an 88’). Would love to find one now and go through it as a run around truck!

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailtrail View Post
                              Go drive a taco and then go drive the new frontier... I even think the old Frontier (Gen 2, 4.0L, 2005-2020 body style) beats the snot out of the 3.5L Taco. The older 4.0 taco gives it more of a run for its money

All day! and you don’t have to pay the Toyota tax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I traded my Ram 2500 in on a 2015 Tacoma a few years ago because I worked so much I didn't get to use my bass boat or travel trailer. I had that piece of junk for 10 months before trading it in on another Cummins diesel. Worst truck I've ever owned. 15 mpg at best and could barely pull an empty utility trailer with out down shifting.

Comment

Working...
                                X