Baselayer for wife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baselayer for wife?

My wife is cold all the time and I want to buy her a nice baselayer for when we are outside in the cold. What brand does everyone recommend?

I have been looking at Smartwool becasue she loves their socks, but their baselayer bottoms don't have the best reviews.

Got my wife the first lite and she really likes it, I’m sure the smart wool is good also. Just make sure it’s merino wool whatever you go with.

Comment

Baselayer for wife?

Badlands just came out with a women’s line that looks good. I’ll be ordering a few items for my fiancé. I’ve been very impressed with everything I’ve bought for myself so I’d imagine it’s good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by TA_Fab; 12-06-2021, 05:21 PM.

Comment

If your wife is like mine, there is nothing, she can wear, that will make her warm in the winter. Every time it gets below 70 degrees, she is whining that it's cold. If it actually gets cold, like that week last winter. There is not much of any chance you will get her to go outside.

I have concluded at least 50% of them being cold is a female mental thing. Probably as a result of them sitting around watching Hall Mark and Lifetime Christmas movies, for the last two, to three months.

Comment

Anything with looped merino wool. It's not cheap but it is soft and very warm. I like blackovis as it's less expensive than others and very warm.

Comment

Panty hose then silk longjohns.

Comment

What temps will she be out in? Are we talking South Texas "cold" or Amarillo COLD? For I-10 and further south, some good merino wool base layer stuff with merino socks, good fitting (not too tight) boots, hat, gloves, etc.... Layers.

For temps in the 20s or below, merino base layer with fleece mid layer bottoms, combined with extra layers on top.

Comment

Watch the Kuiu clearance section for the merino baselayers. You can get them and a pair of fleece pants/jacket and nobody is getting cold in that.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                  If your wife is like mine, there is nothing, she can wear, that will make her warm in the winter. Every time it gets below 70 degrees, she is whining that it's cold. If it actually gets cold, like that week last winter. There is not much of any chance you will get her to go outside.

I have concluded at least 50% of them being cold is a female mental thing. Probably as a result of them sitting around watching Hall Mark and Lifetime Christmas movies, for the last two, to three months.

This is exactly what my wife has been doing.....LOL

Comment

Got to admit I opened this thread fully expecting much less useful and more colorful responses. I have found the best base layer for my wife when it’s cold is an electric blanket

Comment

Tell her to quit shaving for the winter.

Comment

I second the badlands merino

Comment

Lapasa. I have the mid and heavy weight, used in Alaska and Utah in temps below zero, they are awesome.

Comment

Wait a decade or two and those roles will swap.

Comment

Or could just get her a Milwaukee heated jacket or sweatshirt. My dad really likes his, he’s always gotten cold easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X