Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chaparral hunt 12/07/21

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
    Second year in the row right? Congrats! Big turnout for standby?

Yes sir, been pretty lucky. We drew the big west pasture in NJay. I hunted this pasture with my wife in 15. Got a good spot I’m headed straight to. Everyone in the group has experience in this pasture

*what KK said lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats guys and good luck.

Comment

Congrats on getting in! Colton, it was nice to meet you, thanks again for the meat! Now go kill another one!

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
          Alright! Myself, Kactuskiller, and Huntindad are in on standby!! Here we go!

Awesome to hear. Do some killing this week so we all have some LDPs to look at. I’m thinking u got this standby thing figured out…..

Comment

Should be a good live hunt with past exp. Go get em

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
              In like Flynn, north jay west side. Huntindad, solocam_aggie in my group. Gonna be hot but ready to go. I’ve hunted this pasture before so will save time on scouting
              Cool deal.. There was a huge group over there.. I was sitting across the road in the shade..

First ground blind built. It looks like a primo location.. Great pinch point with a ton of sign and water within 200 yards!! It's getting HOT.

Comment

Good luck fellers. Hope y’all do better than we did. We hunted the north end of south Jay

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                  In like Flynn, north jay west side. Huntindad, solocam_aggie in my group. Gonna be hot but ready to go. I’ve hunted this pasture before so will save time on scouting

Good Luck, was hot for us.. Keep us posted!

Comment

There is a lot of good sign in East blocker.. Some big scrapes..
                    Just saw a nice, heavy 15" wide 8 point cross at 150'yards. Maybe a 4 year old. No interest in corn. Just traveling..

Comment

You boys better not mess around - once it warms back up in the next couple days the deer activity will switch back to nocturnal in a hurry.

Comment

You guys ought to have a lot of activity. The beginning of the rut has started in that area.
                        Good luck

Comment

Good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by RS3 View Post
                            Congrats on getting in! Colton, it was nice to meet you, thanks again for the meat! Now go kill another one!

Thanks! And it was my pleasure!

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBoy View Post
                              Awesome to hear. Do some killing this week so we all have some LDPs to look at. I’m thinking u got this standby thing figured out…..

I’ve been pretty fortunate for sure!!

So I broke my rule of making sure I had two sets before I even think about hunting. I was able to locate the same spot that I had set my wife up on 6 years ago. I immediately find two fresh rubs right in the middle of the opening. Then as I was finishing up brushing in the tripod I climb up for one last look and hear a deer sneezing. Here comes a young buck walking right in. Good confidence booster that I’m on a good trail.

Comment

Just settled in little bit ago, kinda late but for me it seems most spots are better the first day. Dug a big pit blind.

Comment

Working...
                                X