Need to brag on my Mother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to brag on my Mother

Mom will be 71 this month. Dad died 3 years ago, so there have been some big changes in her life. About 5-6 years ago Mom and Dad bought a small piece of property outside of Bandera. It's a very small cabin on a couple lots in a retirement community. They bought my sister and I a lot each. If you own property there, you can hunt the undeveloped 80 or so acres that the Corporation owns. It is bow hunting only and there are quite a few axis, wt, and hogs running around. Occasionally other exotics are seen. I bought a cheap crossbow when we got the place, as there was no way Mom could draw a bow. She killed several axis does and a spike, as well as a gold medal Fallow buck. Before Dad died he bought her a Crossman Sniper 370 crossbow and she has been stacking em up since then. It's got to be one of the best for the money bows on the market. Over the Thanksgiving week she and I were at the cabin. I had managed to kill a couple axis does. She hunted a grand total of 2 times. At 7am her second hunt, I texted her to see of she had seen anything She said that she had some axis out just before daylight but they had spooked. At 7:10 she texted me that she had just shot a big buck. I called BS initially but then she started bugging me to come get her so we could look. I swear she was like a kid, and would not leave me alone. I convinced her to wait an hour and we would go look. She informed me that she had hit my feeder after the pass through. I intentionally put out extra feed on the sides of the feeder (stand and fill) so that is less likely to happen. She said he was on top of her and she couldn't wait till he moved. Luckily there was no damage to the feeder, and she smoked a pretty good one. He was 28" which I know is not huge, but he had an extra point that was cool, and was very big bodied. Mom was in the clouds. Not bad for a 70 year old. She was so excited in the first pic she was crying. She wanted to kneel down for the pic but has bad knees and I would never have gotten her up.
    Attached Files

That is awesome!

Comment

That is awesome! Congrats!

Comment

That is likely the coolest hunting story ever! Thanks and congrats!

Comment

Greatest thing I have seen on TBH in a loooooong time!!! WELL DONE SIR!!!

Comment

That is awesome! Made my day reading this. Having already lost my mom it makes me happy to see people make memories like this!

Comment

Awesome write up. Congrats to both of you. It appears that your mom is 71 years YOUNG.

Comment

What a great thread. Congrats to mom!

Comment

Great story and congrats to your Mom.

Rwc

Comment

Brag for sure! Waydago!

Comment

Way to go mom.

Comment

Right on! Go Mom!

Comment