Academy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Academy

It seems like half the time I go in there the price on the shelf is different and much less than the price at the register. Today I bought something that said $49.99 on the shelf but it rang up $56.99. So I said I didn't think that was right and please check. I mean I could be wrong and maybe I read the wrong tag on the shelf. Plus most of the things I looked at did not have a tag on the shelf.

It took a little time but the manager finally came over and authorized the $49.99 and walked away. I asked, "was I right?" The cashier said the manager was tired of me waiting and adjusted the price for me.

Uh, what??

If you are talking about ammo, none of it seems to be near the correct price tab.

Comment

We were checking out there on black Friday and at one point all four registers near us were stopped because people were arguing prices. Manager was running around like crazy.

Comment

Im sure they are just like everyone else. Prices are changing faster than any of us have time to get staff to manually update bin location tags.

updating price lists is easy. Manually doing tags is a whole different headache.

Comment

They have price readers on end caps strategically located throughout the store.

I use them all the time. They come in handy.

Comment

I bought a cap that was to be 8.99. I paid 0.88 for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I wish I could hold a box of shells at academy and actually get to use the price reader..

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post

If you can find one that works.

Comment

Happens to me all the time. Their return policy was nice back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                    If you can find one that works.
                    Sometimes you just have to scan multiple times back to back and it will work.
                    Have had to do that lately here in SA.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                      It seems like half the time I go in there the price on the shelf is different and much less than the price at the register. Today I bought something that said $49.99 on the shelf but it rang up $56.99. So I said I didn't think that was right and please check. I mean I could be wrong and maybe I read the wrong tag on the shelf. Plus most of the things I looked at did not have a tag on the shelf.

It took a little time but the manager finally came over and authorized the $49.99 and walked away. I asked, "was I right?" The cashier said the manager was tired of me waiting and adjusted the price for me.

Uh, what??
                      I take a quick picture of the price tag on shelf now. Simple to do and comes in handy about 1 in 3 checkouts. Same with other stores when I think I find a good deal.

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                      Im sure they are just like everyone else. Prices are changing faster than any of us have time to get staff to manually update bin location tags.

updating price lists is easy. Manually doing tags is a whole different headache.
                      Nope - been like this way before things got crazy.

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post

And they're not accurate either.

I bought a Penn rod/reel combo. Reel alone in display case was $149 Combo said $159 but scanner said $199. Employee scanned it for me at gun counter and it came up $199. I went to checkout and it rang up $159. LOL

Comment

Yeah I’ve experienced the same exact scenario at the Helotes academy several times. If that’s true that they don’t have time to update price on shelf then don’t update the electronic price list either. If you want to avoid annoyed customers at least.

Comment

That is called good customer service!

Comment

I never said it was ammo.

And, manually changing the tags should not be a problem for the 4-6 people standing around talking about last nights party or yesterday's classes or that weird lady wanting to buy hunting stuff.

Not changing the tags but changing the register to a higher price is called false advertising and it is illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
                              Yeah I’ve experienced the same exact scenario at the Helotes academy several times. If that’s true that they don’t have time to update price on shelf then don’t update the electronic price list either. If you want to avoid annoyed customers at least.
                              Na your better off to update pricing. Make up the profit difference on the 1000s of customers that dont catch it. And then just deal with the ones that do.

Comment

Working...
                              X