Browning BAR for LH shooter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browning BAR for LH shooter

I know Browning makes LH BARs, but the selection for caliber and style is very limited. For those familiar with the newer BAR’s, would a lefty be able to shoot a RH BAR without issues with ejection to the right (across the face of a left-handed shooter)?

I shoot left handed & have never noticed any shells/hulls across my face.

Comment

No issues here just backwards safety

Comment

No. My son is a southpaw and just inherited his Grandfathers BAR. He shoots it without any problems. Both my kids are lefties and all they shoot is right handed guns.

Comment

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
          I know Browning makes LH BARs, but the selection for caliber and style is very limited. For those familiar with the newer BAR’s, would a lefty be able to shoot a RH BAR without issues with ejection to the right (across the face of a left-handed shooter)?

I have a .308 BAR LH for sale if interested?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I shoot my Dad's old BAR, a Remington 742, and a bunch of different AR's lefty and doesn't bother me at all. The only lefty rifles I have are bolt guns. You'd be fine with a right handed one.

Comment

Same for me. I'm a South Paw and used to hunt with a BAR .270 that was my mom's. No issue whatsoever... Also used to hunt with a Model 100 Winchester semi-auto without issue. On that one, I was able to turn the safety around... I also shoot a 20ga Benelli M2 rightie with the safety reversed. No case/hull ejection issues for me on any of them (or my AR's). With the shotguns, I do use safety glasses especially when shooting target loads... some of that ammo uses some dirty burning powders!!

Comment

I bought my Browning BAR 270 the first year they came out. I shoot LH and have never had a problem with it. Great gun!

Comment

I've been shooting right handed guns left handed my entire life. Guns of ALL KINDS. I'm right-handed, but left-eye dominant. I've only ever ONCE had powder smack me directly in the right eye after a shot from a 12 gauge shotgun. He'll be fine.

Comment

I shoot left handed , the only issue I have had is I shot a right hand eject AR with a suppressor on it all the blow back from it gets in your eyes

Comment

Working...
                    X