Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone run an older basscat pantera classic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got back to the “family” with a 2001 pantera classic with 200 merc efi. Back in 2016 I had a 98 pantera with the same efi. That old boat would run 72 loaded with 2 people. I am working on setting this 2001 up to perform as well. So far it has what I know is wrong prop ( 25 pitch power tech) and will only hit 60 with me and only 7 gallons of fuel and no tm or tm batteries and no tackle. Anyone have prop suggestions? I have a 23 tempest to try but am thinking a 24 or 25 fury may work best

I'm no help, but you might want to go over to Bass Boat Central and ask this in the Bass Cat forum. There's a lot of helpful guys over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
      I just got back to the “family” with a 2001 pantera classic with 200 merc efi. Back in 2016 I had a 98 pantera with the same efi. That old boat would run 72 loaded with 2 people. I am working on setting this 2001 up to perform as well. So far it has what I know is wrong prop ( 25 pitch power tech) and will only hit 60 with me and only 7 gallons of fuel and no tm or tm batteries and no tackle. Anyone have prop suggestions? I have a 23 tempest to try but am thinking a 24 or 25 fury may work best
      I agree with that forum for a knowledge base as well, you might also try to contact Frank Scalish's prop guy from the bass talk live podcasts, sounds like the guys is a genius in propping and geting every last ounce of speed out of a boat.

Comment

What does it do on your tach?

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
          What does it do on your tach?
          I can barely squeak 5500 out of it trimmed all the way. But cats are known to not run as well trimmed all the way up

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
            I can barely squeak 5500 out of it trimmed all the way. But cats are known to not run as well trimmed all the way up
            Is that a 2 smoke ?

I'm not sure how may rpm I want past 5500

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Operating range on that motor is 5500-6000. Is that a pad hull? I think it should run upwards of 70. You might be over propped just a tad. Doesn't take a lot to make a difference.

Comment

I admittedly don’t know a lot about bass boats, but it does sound like you have too much prop.

The 23 will most likely get you in the correct rpm range. If you’re only getting 5500 rpm, thats the bottom end of the range. You should be 5800 IMO.

How many hours are on the motor???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The 23 will be better for sure, the 24 fury may be a little better.

Comment

I think my 97 Classic had a 24" 4 blade Trophy on it but that's been eons ago!

Comment

I don't know the answer, but I'm a bit jealous lol.

Comment

I had a 1998 pantera classic with a 175 on it and I believe I could get 66 out of it with a 25 fury. It did have a gator hull so that slowed slowed it down. It was a 19ft boat. If that helps any

Comment

I had a 93 PII with a 23p 4 blade Trophy, but your boat is a whole new deal then a 93 PII

Comment

Working...
                          X