Good/fun steakhouse DFW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good/fun steakhouse DFW

My son wants to go to the JFK museum and then eat at a steakhouse for his birthday next week. He is a really fun kid who likes to do and see new things. Anyone have any advice on a good food and cool to an 11 yo redneck place to eat? Was thinking about possibly the stockyards since none of us has been down there.

Any recommendations?

The cattlemen at the stockyards but the steaks are not that great really.

Comment

If you want a good steak go to Ruth chris

Comment

Are you staying in Dallas or Ft. Worth? JFK Museum is pretty far from the Stockyards. H3 Ranch is my favorite in the Stockyards versus Cattleman's. Lonesome Dove would be a notch above those two and more of a date spot.

Comment

If in Dallas? Might try Del-Frisco steaks are good. Not far from the JFK around the Ole West end. Perot Museum pretty cool as well.

Comment

We are just coming in for the day. Will hit Dealey Plaza when they open at 10:00 and go to lunch after. A little drive is no problem and although I am sure I would enjoy Ruth Chris or Lonesome Dove better i am really looking for a “Neat” place to eat over a world class steak. He likes trying new things and even wants to try a calf fry if they are on the menu. It doesn’t have to be at the Stockyards but just thought that would be added entertainment as we have never been there except to eat at JTGarcias once.

Comment

Haywire in Frisco is very good and lots of fun

Comment

Love and War in Plano is pretty cool.

Comment

Perry's is close to Dealey plaza. (If you go on a Friday afternoon, get the bone in pork chop.) and you have Pecan Lodge in Deep Ellum, BBQ, but pretty fun. There is a Fogo de Caio on McKinney too

Comment

For a kid to have fun at a steakhouse I don’t think you can beat Texas de Brazil. he can try 10+ different meats and it’s a fun experience.

Comment

Update: it gets a little more complicated because now the main thing he definitely wants to try calf fries so I am sure that limits us quite a bit... so fun(touristy I am sure) will take precedence over good meat. Is Risckys Steakhouse any good?

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                        For a kid to have fun at a steakhouse I don’t think you can beat Texas de Brazil. he can try 10+ different meats and it’s a fun experience.
                        I agree...plus I love going there, but we have one here in Tyler so it wouldn’t be that big of a deal for his birthday.

Comment

Marty B's. Not actually in Fort Worth but worth the drive. Outdoor seating, live music, fans with misters, washer pits.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                            Update: it gets a little more complicated because now the main thing he definitely wants to try calf fries so I am sure that limits us quite a bit... so fun(touristy I am sure) will take precedence over good meat. Is Risckys Steakhouse any good?

I think Cattleman’s in the stockyards serves calf fries.

Dunston’s in Dallas does as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Trail Dust, if it is still there. Had a big slide for kids.

Comment

Working...
                              X