What happened here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened here

Shot a pig tonight. About 200lbs. Arrow took off nock lit up and turned off on impact. Seemed good, maybe a tad high but I didn’t think much of it. Pig didn’t make a sound. Bolted. No blood. Slick trick vipertrick full pass. Arrow is greasy but not really lung and heart red. Meat pieces down the shaft.

Pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Big pigs are notorious for no blood after shot. Maybe you hit him high above the lungs?
        Boar will have a big sheath on his shoulder also.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
          Big pigs are notorious for no blood after shot. Maybe you hit him high above the lungs?
          Boar will have a big sheath on his shoulder also.
          Cant hit under the spine and not hit lungs.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

How far was the shot? Pass through but forward of the lungs?

Comment

That looks similar to an arrow my daughter had on a hog with her crossbow. Her shot was too far forward was slightly quartering towards. The bolt went trough neck meat and somehow did not hit artery. They are tough critters and never stop moving. If you hit high and just a touch forward you may have done something similar.

Comment

Little high, you didnt backstrap him did you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I can only speculate on where you hit.

But I know for a fact you should sell all your slick tricks to someone else who’d like to deal with poor blood trails.
                  Last edited by Fishndude; 12-09-2021, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Yeah big pigs have a lot of fat that will plug the holes.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post

But I know for a fact you should sell all your slick tricks to someone else who’d like to deal with poor blood trails.

Man I agree. I really like the flight of slick tricks but do not shoot them at pigs anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Curious what broadheads you shoot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have similar shots like that only to find the pig later or in some cases not at all.

Hmm I guess to each their own. I have killed many a hog with Slick Tricks. Some shots leave a better blood trail than others but most of the time they dont go more than 50 yards and a well placed shot is always a pass through. Now I have lost hogs but thats because they have been high shoulder shots.
                          Last edited by piercebronkite; 12-09-2021, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Jeff, I'm now in this boat too!! Been shootin Razor Tricks since Mike Sohm sold off his Snuffer line... Took a TBH friend to our place and he was shooting Slick Tricks. He shot 5 animals including deer, turkey and javalina... None made it out of sight... Since I like cut on contact heads, I tried the slick trick 125 grain... Been shooting them now a few years. They fly great out of my set up, but for the most part, I have had less than desirable blood trails with them. This last week, I shot a buck and put a perfect 4 way slit dead center through his heart... He ran 118 yards and piled up... Were it not for my tracking dog and Garmin Alpha 200i tracking collar/gps, no telling how long it would have taken to find that sucker... No real blood trail to follow... just a few specks.
                            I'm gonna make a change next year. May go back to Snuffers. I have about 3 dozen of them still, but not sure. Just can't make myself go the mechanical route...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              Jeff, I'm now in this boat too!! Been shootin Razor Tricks since Mike Sohm sold off his Snuffer line... Took a TBH friend to our place and he was shooting Slick Tricks. He shot 5 animals including deer, turkey and javalina... None made it out of sight... Since I like cut on contact heads, I tried the slick trick 125 grain... Been shooting them now a few years. They fly great out of my set up, but for the most part, I have had less than desirable blood trails with them. This last week, I shot a buck and put a perfect 4 way slit dead center through his heart... He ran 118 yards and piled up... Were it not for my tracking dog and Garmin Alpha 200i tracking collar/gps, no telling how long it would have taken to find that sucker... No real blood trail to follow... just a few specks.
                              I'm gonna make a change next year. May go back to Snuffers. I have about 3 dozen of them still, but not sure. Just can't make myself go the mechanical route...
                              May wanna give the QAD Exodus a try.

Comment

Working...
                              X