X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
    Are you sure?

[ATTACH]1032712[/ATTACH]
    First time seeing that. Haven't seen any guidance from the ATF with that being required.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
      I have to wait 3 days no matter where I go. Has been that way for a long time. Something with my name I guess. Academy does not honor the 3 day deal they told me, if you do not get approved on the spot they will not let you come back in 3 days to get the gun.
      Happens to me most of the time as well. Really weird when it happens. I want to buy a bolt action rifle or O/U shotgun - I wait. I want to buy an AR or semi-auto pistol - get approved immediately.

I need to get my LTC. Just I couldn't carry where I worked and I wasn't going to leave one in my truck. I go to work and/or a bar after. Other than that I'm just home to work. Changing to be permanent WFH so will have a lot more flexibility to carry daily now.

Comment

I have a 3-4 day wait on every gun purchase.

Comment

I've had a LTC previously CHL for a long time and never had any problems or delays. Always walked out with firearm immediately after purchasing. The one firearm I purchased from academy though was a major pain. Seems like their store policies are not gun buyer friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
            First time seeing that. Haven't seen any guidance from the ATF with that being required.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
            They sent letters & emails about a year ago I believe.

Comment

Thats crazy. I bought 2 shotgun’s recently. 1 from Cabela’s crazy paper work and all about.45 min. 2nd through gun broker second party. Tool less than 15 min. I don’t have a Concealed carry either. Just a felon free red blooded American

Comment

They failed to call her that it was approved the next day. I've never had to wait before but she got the rifle. TC compass 2 308 $250

Comment

The issue with releasing a firearm after 3 days, is that if I dose comes back from the ATF with "Denial" the ATF will be all up that FFL dealer business trying track the firearm(s) buyer

Comment

Since the background check was instituted I have not been able to walk into a gun store and walk out with a firearm, Something about my name or maybe my "criminal background ( a few misdemeanors back in my youth). And the big box stores will not honor the 3 day waiting period. I strictly deal with local gun stores now!

Comment

I bought pistol from Academy couple weeks back and took less than 30 minutes between the time I got there and time I was walking out the door. It all depends on that check giving an all clear. I had a BIL that got put on hold at Academy buying a pistol and he had a LTC.

Knowing several people that have gun stores and the ATF audits they go thru, it is amazing to me that places like Walmart and Academy can pass their ATF audit.

Comment

Working...
                      X