What Say Ye On Age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Say Ye On Age

I've had this buck at my stand since Opening day of Archery. He's always there 10 minutes before the feeder goes off. My lease mates and I have him at 2.5, maybe 3.5. He has great width, just no mass. I've been passing him up and I hope our neighbors do to, I think he could be a stud in a few years. Dewitt County for refrence. And I might say, we only have 300 acres.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

No real sure.
    But I say young 3.5.
    I agree 3 yrs he is a stud.
    good luck with him walking the gauntlet till then .

BP

Comment

Yeah, I agree, pretty young. I know it's challenging, but the end of defensive hunting has to start with someone. I have found that most hunters desire to kill large antlered bucks, which means old bucks. Chances are your neighbors feel the same. Have you considered sharing your photos and the fact you've passed numerous times? Are they worrying about you killing him as much as you are worrying about them killing him? One way to find out. Invite them for a burger and a beer and talk goals and restraint. If buck makes it 6 yrs, then kudos to whoever gets him.

Comment

Way to young to kill IMO.

Comment

The buck in the 1st picture looks a lot different to me than the bucks in the 2nd and 3rd pictures…

Comment

Originally posted by Top Of Texas View Post
            Yeah, I agree, pretty young. I know it's challenging, but the end of defensive hunting has to start with someone. I have found that most hunters desire to kill large antlered bucks, which means old bucks. Chances are your neighbors feel the same. Have you considered sharing your photos and the fact you've passed numerous times? Are they worrying about you killing him as much as you are worrying about them killing him? One way to find out. Invite them for a burger and a beer and talk goals and restraint. If buck makes it 6 yrs, then kudos to whoever gets him.
            I like this.

Comment

Working...
            X