Chaparral 2021/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 79F250 View Post
    We got 18. Can’t wait hopefully I can get off work early Monday so I can make it down there at a decent time instead of 11-11:30 at Monday.
    If any one has advice on 18 feel free to share.

Looking forward to meeting a bunch of TBHers
    Pops....what compartment is 18 ?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by gonzotexan View Post
      Pops....what compartment is 18 ?!?!?

North end of south Jay

Comment

My wife and I drew the GDE hunt for December 13-17. We are so excited and cannot wait as it will be our first hunt at any WMA ever for both of us. I have a few questions and cant seem to get anyone with the WMA on the phone. For those of you with experience at the Chap do ya'll camp or stay in Cotulla? We were planning on camping (tent) but wanted to get opinions from someone with experience on the camping/showering facilities and if it was even logical to stay off site at a motel or onsite in the camp grounds. I also was curious as what type of bating is allowed as it is very vague and want to be properly prepared prior to the hunt so I don't have to go find something that meets their requirements after the hunt has started. I see where many of you already know your unit/pasture assignment. I would like to know how you were informed of your unit assignment as I would love to scout on OnXmaps prior to the hunt if possible. Finally, as my wife and I drew together as a party I am assuming we will be in the same compartment/pasture and be able to hunt together should one of us tag our earlier than the other. Is this correct? Again thanks for any help you can provide as I am new to the WMA hunts.

Comment

Mhunter, when we hunted chap a few years ago, we stayed in Cotulla in our travel trailer and made the drive back and forth each morning and night.

If (and when )we get drawn again, will stay in the campgrounds themselves to avoid the driving

As far as baiting, just take a bunch of corn with you can fill up the senderos.

Comment

Originally posted by mhunter6 View Post
            My wife and I drew the GDE hunt for December 13-17. We are so excited and cannot wait as it will be our first hunt at any WMA ever for both of us. I have a few questions and cant seem to get anyone with the WMA on the phone. For those of you with experience at the Chap do ya'll camp or stay in Cotulla? We were planning on camping (tent) but wanted to get opinions from someone with experience on the camping/showering facilities and if it was even logical to stay off site at a motel or onsite in the camp grounds. I also was curious as what type of bating is allowed as it is very vague and want to be properly prepared prior to the hunt so I don't have to go find something that meets their requirements after the hunt has started. I see where many of you already know your unit/pasture assignment. I would like to know how you were informed of your unit assignment as I would love to scout on OnXmaps prior to the hunt if possible. Finally, as my wife and I drew together as a party I am assuming we will be in the same compartment/pasture and be able to hunt together should one of us tag our earlier than the other. Is this correct? Again thanks for any help you can provide as I am new to the WMA hunts.
            PM sent.

Comment

How do y’all know what compartment you got already. The last email I got was the liability form and the rules.

Comment

How do y’all know what compartment you got already. The last email I got was the liability form and the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Featherflinger View Post
                  Did they send you an email with an option to select compartments prior to the hunt?

I believe the bow hunters were emailed a survey about either choosing compartments prior to the hunt or choosing compartments after orientation.

Comment

Yeah and later they said the majority voted to be assigned compartments instead of selecting one. But I haven’t heard anything about which one we were assigned yet. I may have misread but as I was scanning through this thread I thought guys were saying which compartment they have for tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Featherflinger View Post
                      Yeah and later they said the majority voted to be assigned compartments instead of selecting one. But I haven’t heard anything about which one we were assigned yet. I may have misread but as I was scanning through this thread I thought guys were saying which compartment they have for tomorrow
                      You will need to email the WMA to get your compartment assignment. For some reason, they don't automatically send it to you.

Comment

Oh ok. I guess I’ll just find out tomorrow at orientation. It’s not that big of a deal I just wanted to make sure I didn’t miss an email or something.

Comment

Who’s going on standby dec 7-10? I believe I will be there.

Comment

Working...
                          X