No announcement yet.

18 Days to Kill- Live!!! - Illinois, Kansas, Arkansas, South Tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats and been a great ride along so far!!

Comment

Thats weird, swear i sent that earlier post at 745��

Comment

Come on now.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Heck yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Hsbtgarcia View Post
            Man I’m so pumped that we found him!
            Very nice 8 with broke brows but I don’t care what he is missing. This week has been so overwhelming with emotions and proud moments.

Coyotes found him first and got the hams and some lower back straps. I can still salvage the hide. Sucker is going on a double pedestal mount with T’s buck!!!!

We are waiting on Zmaxhunter to come help us with getting him off the property.
            Bout to take some pics.
            FOUND HIM is just what I came here to read

And I couldn't agree more with doing a double pedestal mount with both bucks together.

Comment

18 Days to Kill- Live!!! - Illinois, Kansas, Arkansas, South Tx

Man what a morning, week, hunt & roller coaster ride!!!!

We got him caped, on ice and South bound with 2 brand new Texas residents headed to the taxidermist.

Crazy part is, I’m just half way thru my live hunt. I still have Arkansas and South Texas coming up. So I’ll just go ahead and say there is no way it’s gonna get any better than what I’ve experienced in the last couple of days but I’ll do my best to keep it entertaining.

There is no way I would have found that deer without Talen this morning. The buck left the wood line and crossed a cut Milo field. If you have ever seen Milo stalks you know all the red stains look like blood. T spotted tiny specs that I never would have seen. We left pieces of napkin on stalks to get a line of sight to where he was headed. When we finally made it to the wood line, he was 30 yards in. Coyotes found him after he died. No struggle. He has bedded down and dead. When I saw him laying there, it was another repeat of T & I hugging, high fives and ear to ear grins.

In 2014 I headed to Kansas to hunt with a small outfitter that Justin Spies had set me up with. I didn’t know anything about the guy. If someone had told me that over the next 8 years this guy would become one of my closest friends and have a huge impact on my family, I’d have rolled my eyes. But that’s exactly what happened. Brian (Zmaxhunter) is as good as they come. One of the most selfless men I know. He has had a roll in my first P&Y buck, Summer & Talen’s first Turkey and now T’s first P&Y. I have tons of great memories all thanks to him. Non of what y’all have read this week would have been possible without my buddy Brian.

So we are headed home and I got T in the drivers seat so I can relax, catch up on my thread, get a nap, and mostly, bring myself back to a sane state of mind. Not sure I’ve ever experienced so many emotions in a short time frame in my life. Totally worth it!!!

Talen came out like a bandit with 152” of bone and a handmade knife, made from a farm disc and deer bone, courtesy of Brian.

I want to thank everyone that has commented, called, text, prayed and read this live hunt so far. It ain’t near over yet, so stay tuned. I’ll be in Arkansas in 2 weeks from Wednesday hunting with my buddy Clark.

#ASKMEWHYIHUNT

Pic overload...

2014 first Kansas hunt with Brian

2015 First P&Y Buck

2017 Drop Tine Buck

2018 Summer & T’s first Turkey

2021 My best hunting trip to date!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Hsbtgarcia; 11-22-2021, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Awesome post, Heith...love the progression pics of not only kills, but the friendship that you all have developed congratulations again on the new Texas residents can't wait to see the pedestal mount when you get it back

Comment

Great update and loving the entire thread! Glad it all worked out!!! Just drive safe on the way back and l look forward to reading about Arkansas and South Texas as well!!!

Comment

Doesn’t get any better than that boys…..what a great trip!! Congrats!!!

Comment

Darn it! I missed the start of this thread, but read it all!

Congratulations on the bucks, but more importantly, the memories! Good stuff!

Comment

That's an awesome buck. Big congrats!

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS to you both!! Y'all have truly earned the rewards that you are bringing home. So happy for y'all and have a safe trip.

See you in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Congrats. Glad you found him.
                            Big congrats to y’all on the bucks and a successful hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Hsbtgarcia View Post
                              Man what a morning, week, hunt & roller coaster ride!!!!

We got him caped, on ice and South bound with 2 brand new Texas residents headed to the taxidermist.

Crazy part is, I’m just half way thru my live hunt. I still have Arkansas and South Texas coming up. So I’ll just go ahead and say there is no way it’s gonna get any better than what I’ve experienced in the last couple of days but I’ll do my best to keep it entertaining.

There is no way I would have found that deer without Talen this morning. The buck left the wood line and crossed a cut Milo field. If you have ever seen Milo stalks you know all the red stains look like blood. T spotted tiny specs that I never would have seen. We left pieces of napkin on stalks to get a line of sight to where he was headed. When we finally made it to the wood line, he was 30 yards in. Coyotes found him after he died. No struggle. He has bedded down and dead. When I saw him laying there, it was another repeat of T & I hugging, high fives and ear to ear grins.

In 2014 I headed to Kansas to hunt with a small outfitter that Justin Spies had set me up with. I didn’t know anything about the guy. If someone had told me that over the next 8 years this guy would become one of my closest friends and have a huge impact on my family, I’d have rolled my eyes. But that’s exactly what happened. Brian (Zmaxhunter) is as good as they come. One of the most selfless men I know. He has had a roll in my first P&Y buck, Summer & Talen’s first Turkey and now T’s first P&Y. I have tons of great memories all thanks to him. Non of what y’all have read this week would have been possible without my buddy Brian.

So we are headed home and I got T in the drivers seat so I can relax, catch up on my thread, get a nap, and mostly, bring myself back to a sane state of mind. Not sure I’ve ever experienced so many emotions in a short time frame in my life. Totally worth it!!!

Talen came out like a bandit with 152” of bone and a handmade knife, made from a farm disc and deer bone, courtesy of Brian.

I want to thank everyone that has commented, called, text, prayed and read this live hunt so far. It ain’t near over yet, so stay tuned. I’ll be in Arkansas in 2 weeks from Wednesday hunting with my buddy Clark.

#ASKMEWHYIHUNT

Pic overload...

2014 first Kansas hunt with Brian

2015 First P&Y Buck

2017 Drop Tine Buck

2018 Summer & T’s first Turkey

2021 My best hunting trip to date!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a hunt brother! Could not be happier for you guys!! Y’all be safe on the road!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Awesome stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X