Portable heated shower for camping reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portable heated shower for camping reviews

I'm going to Montana in September for elk. I'm wanting to get a good camp shower. Looking for recommendations. I can use the 1lb propane bottles or hook it up to a 20lb. We will use lake water and filter it as needed. What have you guys had good luck with. 4 men for 8 days will use it so I don't want to get one that sucks. Lol.

We use a turkey frier and a RV water pump with a water hose.

Comment

I've got a buddy who uses a Jodi and is quite pleased with it.

Google Zodi portable shower

Comment

Get one of the solar shower bladder things. They’re 10 bucks at Walmart. Leave it in the sun when you leave camp to hunt that morning.

Comment

My solar shower will not get the water warm enough for a decent shower unless it is hot outside. I use the Nemo Helio pump shower. It works ok. I boil a pot of water and mix it with the air temp water to get a decent shower. If you have the room I would go for something with a good heater and a battery powered pump with plenty of extra batteries.

Comment

Zodi works good. Amazon had the best price.

Comment

I used a Zodi. Works fine

Comment

Originally posted by gatt40 View Post
                I used a Zodi. Works fine
                Works fine, but not great?

Comment

Have you seen the eco temp hot water heater that runs off propane and gives you instant hot water runs off 20 lb tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Rinse kit

Comment

We cut the top off an old 20# propane tank and dripped/tapped two holes, one for a temp gauge and one for a nipple for a hose. It’s been years ago but I think we may have welded nuts in it vs tapping but you get the idea. We fixed a turkey burner under it permanently using a little redneck engineering. We also mounted a flint lighter off an old lantern to the bottom to light the burner. We used a hand held shower head like you have in an RV so you can shut it off.

Fill the pot, hang it from a branch, heat up the water to your desired temp and then have a nice hot shower.

Comment

I’ve used Zodi a lot, it does the job. I would recommend getting that cold lake water out and let it warm up first. I put my water in a 5 gallon bucket.
                        Baby wipes-alcohol wipes does a good job also.

Comment

i bought the eccotemp 4 yrs ago for a wy pronghorn hunt... works great, IF THERE IS ZERO WIND. any wind at all will fault the unit, turns it off/on/off/on, and/or have fire coming out of the unit from all sides. it is very reliable, if you build a tin enclosure for it, which owner's man. says not to do...we used rv pump, 1 12v batt lasted all week. 1.5 version i think

Comment

Zodi works pretty good. I thought the flow of water was low but it was 6 degrees outside. We had a makeshift enclosure that made it bearable. I put a buddy heater in there and took a fast one! We stored water in a 5 gallon bucket and kept it out of the elements. A burner and a turkey pot with a submersible pump and a handheld shower head sounds like it would work good too.

Comment

Another vote for the Zodi. We have an ice fishing shack that we use for a shower stall. I always take a clean protein bucket to heat water in - a five gallon bucket would work too. I recirculate the water in the bucket until it reaches the desired temperature. We have used it in a camp of 12 for a week.

Skooter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X