• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ground check him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

3 1/2

Comment

I don't think the head looks correct for a moccasin. The body shape and coloring, would cause me to say moccasin, but not sure on the head. Also, if it was a moccasin, and in a defensive mode, like that one seems to be, it would have it's mouth wide open, showing you it's white mouth, while hissing. The moccasins I have seen, never bothered to coil before opening their mouth and hissing. They will be slithering along, then when they encounter a person, they stop just as they are, open their mouth very wide and hiss. They don't do the coil up and get ready to strike. They are not much in the show boat department, just give a bit of warning, then strike. But if you step on them, there is no warning, they just strike.

If it's a moccasin, if you get close to it, it will open it's mouth, his and if you get close enough or poke it with a stick, finger or toe, it will strike. If you poke it with a finger or toe, and it strikes, then you can see if there are two puncture marks on the top side, or if it's a water snake, it will leave a bunch of tiny puncture holes top and bottom.
        Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 06-07-2021, 06:58 PM.

Comment

I agree on the head. It's a little on the pointy side instead of being more square. The eyes are a little different. RifleBowPistol is on the right track I would just stay away. Very similar to a moccasin..

Comment

Grab it . . What happens next will tell . .

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
              Diamond-backed watersnake.
              X2

Comment

Good grief, just kill it.

Comment

bad attitude water snake,,,,, not a moccasin,

that is the one i see the most often called a moccasin ,, the short stubby tail confuses a lot of folks...

Comment

It's a diamondback water snake 100%

Comment

No stump tail, diamond back WS.

Comment

Either way would make you mess your pants if you stepped on him by accident.

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                          [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Those aren't venomous. To borrow a phrase though, those are rude. I can't stand rude behavior in a snake. Won't tolerate it. Shotgun fixes it.

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                              Hahaha no ****

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

From that position a good way to tell is if you can see the eyes while looking down on it then is safe. If the eyes are hooded, back off.

Comment

Working...
                                X