No announcement yet.

Meat from Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever is on that pit is not goat.... I see a tail... and the head is all wrong.

With that said. I travel through Mexico often. Deep into Mexico. I have had great experiences from meat markets, fish/shrimp/all seafood markets, oyster farms you name it. The oysters are fresh! You literally watch them pull the pod and the shuck them right there. You eat them on the waters edge. For those who have never met the true locals, the real Mexican families living in Mexico are missing out. Great people. Down to earth. True to family and friends. It is like American families of days gone by. Hard working people. The government there is corrupted by the villains that we all hate. Including the Mexican families living there. There are states working hard to combat corruption. They do well at it. I am serious about retiring in Mexico, probably Sonora Mexico between Kino Bay to Puerto Penasco. Sorry for the rant. But judging the whole country and the people there by a group of bad apples (villains, gangs etc) is narrow minded.

I buy my Tomahawk steaks cut to my thickness of choice and love them!! Not to derail one more time, but while in old Mexico find a bakery!!!

Comment

So can you order steaks from a meat market in Mexico and have it shipped? Or can you bring it across the border or through customs?

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
        So can you order steaks from a meat market in Mexico and have it shipped? Or can you bring it across the border or through customs?
        Beef and goat are allowed at ports of entry while pork is not allowed. Or at least these were the rules in the past. Not sure about ordering on line.

Some of comments on here are either extremely ignorant or just plain stupid. Have you guys not seen hidden video on some of the stuff that goes on at slaughter facilities here in the USA?

My experiance with Mexican beef is that while it's not as tender and marbelized as US beef, the Mex beef tends to be more flavorful. I assume that is due to the diet but I am just taking a WAG. Oven roasted Mex beef rib meat makes for some of the most flavorful tacos you could ever devour.

Comment

I thought yall was talking about something else

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Coupon clippers delight

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
              Does goat taste like lamb? Lamb is the only animal I've eaten that I didn't like.
              No but both are delicious if butchered properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                Whatever is on that pit is not goat.... I see a tail... and the head is all wrong.

With that said. I travel through Mexico often. Deep into Mexico. I have had great experiences from meat markets, fish/shrimp/all seafood markets, oyster farms you name it. The oysters are fresh! You literally watch them pull the pod and the shuck them right there. You eat them on the waters edge. For those who have never met the true locals, the real Mexican families living in Mexico are missing out. Great people. Down to earth. True to family and friends. It is like American families of days gone by. Hard working people. The government there is corrupted by the villains that we all hate. Including the Mexican families living there. There are states working hard to combat corruption. They do well at it. I am serious about retiring in Mexico, probably Sonora Mexico between Kino Bay to Puerto Penasco. Sorry for the rant. But judging the whole country and the people there by a group of bad apples (villains, gangs etc) is narrow minded.

I buy my Tomahawk steaks cut to my thickness of choice and love them!! Not to derail one more time, but while in old Mexico find a bakery!!!

Gracias Señor, usted esta en lo correcto.

Comment

Im From Monterrey. born and rised here in "La ciudad de Las montañas" The Cabrito and the carne asada is a tradition Here, even though for some people it look unpleasant to se at the pit it actually is very good to eat, a hand made tortilla, some salsa molcajeteada, a cold beer and of course family and friends is all you need to enjoy it.

About the Carnes San Juan Box it is ok and perfectly safe to eat, when you take a plane from Monterrey to many places of Mexico you can se a lot of people carrying this boxes, in fact in Monterrey airport there is a Carnes San Juan meat store.

About the quality or taste San Juan is ok, not even near to the best mexican meat that you can buy here.

By the way I buy my beef from HEB Monterrey

Comment

What ?????

No way in hell would I eat that. Just like buying seafood from China you don't know what you're eating or how it was cared for.

Comment

AHF good to read your perspective here Around the Campfire

Comment

Originally posted by JFFB View Post
                        No way in hell would I eat that. Just like buying seafood from China you don't know what you're eating or how it was cared for.
                        I have personally visited the seafood farms in China several times. After those visits we made a rule in the house NO FARMED SEAFOOD ALLOWED only wild caught. That goes for eating out as well.

Comment

That is some fine meat right there! Those boxes of meat go upwards of up to $140 in houston / Dallas all day long some of the most tenderized meat you can ever have ribeyes, tbones, fajita, loaded short ribs and etc you can build your box. We order them from Nuevo León and have them delivered to our house.

Comment

Originally posted by Zjesse22 View Post
                            That is some fine meat right there! Those boxes of meat go upwards of up to $140 in houston / Dallas all day long some of the most tenderized meat you can ever have ribeyes, tbones, fajita, loaded short ribs and etc you can build your box. We order them from Nuevo León and have them delivered to our house.

No way. I buy mine site by my eyes only. Would you buy a mail order Bride from China? [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sailor: To my knowledge I have never eaten an avacado. I read where they fertilize with human waste.

Comment

Originally posted by JFFB View Post
                                No way. I buy mine site by my eyes only. Would you buy a mail order Bride from China? [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Lol it’s not bad people assume the worst of mexico but you can actually go to their stores and purchase the meat from them like a carnicería, if you have traveled out of the U.S. do you see what they cook for you when you order a meal? Just the other day I was seeing a documentary were lots of high end restaurants where substituting top dollar cuts of meats and fish for cheap cuts so what you actually think your paying for is not it. It’s not just mexico like everyone assumes

Comment

Working...
                                X