No announcement yet.

Lost ways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The midterms coming up may be the first election in decades that I won’t vote.
    Most news papers are a bunch of lies (propaganda) I don’t read them.
    I make the best deals I can.
    I voice my opinion but most people agree with me (it’s almost impossible to find a biden voter)
    I don’t get stimulus money.
    I don’t trust politicians (the left has always had to lie about what they want to do but not anymore they can do what they want now and the right has become just as corrupt)
    I will never vote for John Cornyn again no matter what!

Comment

If your a little older you probably grew up wanting or were the child of people who were wanting. Things didn't come easy. For the majority nowadays it all comes too easy. When your given everything you don't value anything.

Comment

Most newspapers are liberal garbage.

Support local business

Vote every election

Cant fix stupid

Comment

If I had a problem with a product purchased right here in the Great ole USofA , I spoke with a representative Right here in the USofA- not some one in a call center in India ...! Sure miss those days!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
            Communicating with other people using your voice. Meaning; my children who are all adults will avoid making a phone call unless it is an absolute last resort with no other option.

If they need purchase something online, and need to talk to someone about it, online chat better be available or they aren't doing it. Same goes for making a doctor appointment, ordering food, or even speaking to siblings/relatives.

It's sad really how with the advancement of technology, the basic skill of verbal communication has been dealt a death blow, and will for too soon become a thing of the past. Critical thinking is following closely behind.
            This is a big problem, it amazes me how many people don’t want to talk to another person, it’s a text or email. Twitter is a prime example of how hateful people can be. I bet 99% of those hateful words would never be spoken face to face. If you take visual emotion and body language out of the conversation it’s a lot easier to be a tough guy. Social media isn’t so social

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
              This is a big problem, it amazes me how many people don’t want to talk to another person, it’s a text or email. Twitter is a prime example of how hateful people can be. I bet 99% of those hateful words would never be spoken face to face. If you take visual emotion and body language out of the conversation it’s a lot easier to be a tough guy. Social media isn’t so social
              Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by sp-bow View Post
                Most newspapers are liberal garbage.

Support local business

Vote every election

Cant fix stupid
                This!
                Quit taking paper after 30+ years when they endorsed that POS Obummer.j

Comment

Most newspapers are a small business, and support local.

Shopping around and not pressing send on Amazon is a lost art. I do my best to find it local first. I do this so hopefully my neighbor keeps their job.

I stay away from self check out. I like the conversation with the employee. Gives me a chance to hopefully leave someone with a smile.

If I buy a vehicle, atv, or boat I buy local. Not 7 counties away. The local dealerships sponsor FFA, 4H, Baseball, Little league of any sort. The support graduating seniors in scholarship funds and other expenses. When the district can not afford to send a group of kids to an event they would like to go to, local business sends them. Read this paragraph one more time.

Comment

#1, people don't care because they're woke in the wrong way. I know good people that are uneducated in politics and don't care. They're just not hungry enough yet. Some get irritated when discussing, I think they may know and intentionally put on blinders to deal with it. I'm assuming your comment on newspapers was symbolic and referred to news source in general.

#2, the term Boycott has a bad conatation, I just call it staying away. I DO believe in exercising my stay away vote, this is the USA. If I don't like the fact target store lets men in womens bathrooms, it's my right to stay away. I paid a premium for some ammo but at a certain point I stopped. For example I will pay 40.00 for a box of ELDX up from 26 to 32.00,.00 but will not pay 45.

If every American who voted for Trump would excercise this right, we'd be in a better place. We could change the market, the US, money talks and BS walks

while things look grim, we shouldn't give in. I still think there's enough around to grab the helm and turn this ship around

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      On several different threads I've seen a pattern of lost ways. If you notice something add it to this thread. I know a lot of us older people still do these things. It just feels like most don't anymore.

1. Burnadell was just talking about people not reading the newspaper. Seems like the vast majority do not keep up with what's going on. Not caring if taxes are raised or who's running for office. Have more people given up?

2. The art of capitalism. I know people joke with the word boycott a lot..But on similar lines did most people give up either shopping around for the best price or not buying an item because it was a rip off? Seems like people just buy what they want, when they want it, at any price.

I was taught in school long ago that's exactly how to keep prices down. That's how companies/products get straightened out and better. Seems like dang near everyone has a "it is what it is" attitude these days. No?

3. Can't complain if you don't vote. Why do a ton of people say this but then not understand point #2?

4. Thinking. I met a lady to sign paperwork. Since I don't wear a mask she made us stand outside the door. So instead of inside where we'd be 5-8' apart working across a big desk with a mask on, we literally stood 1-2' apart (I was outside, she was inside) with door wide open with no masks. She handed us papers/pen, we signed and handed back (some papers twice)... When we were done I tried to hand her a pen back and she jumped like a rattlesnake almost got her. YOU keep that pen she said LOL I wasn't rude or nothing but holy mother of stupid. I walked away in disbelief.

On the bright side I drove around this morning checking out some yard sales Most people running them were not scared. And the crowds were down. I guess many scared still hiding at home.
                      Regarding #4; We sat down at a restaurant for supper and we watched a lady pull her own spray bottle out of her purse and started spraying the air around her. She did it multiple times while we were there. I still do not know what she was trying to accomplish.

Comment

newspapers have become a running joke. I stopped reading the Houston Chronicle years ago. Just another liberal rag where all of the liberals agree with one another to boost their self esteem.

Comment

Self sufficiency is becoming a "lost way". Pretty much convinced if the grocery stores closed for a few days, most would have no clue how to feed themselves or what to do. Society has grown very, weak and spoiled.

Comment

Originally posted by Montec man View Post
                            Self sufficiency is becoming a "lost way". Pretty much convinced if the grocery stores closed for a few days, most would have no clue how to feed themselves or what to do. Society has grown very, weak and spoiled.
                            We saw that all last year.... Sad for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Montec man View Post
                              This is the most important of all, and also the most neglected imo.
                              If we ever get there, gonna be bad for a bunch of em.
                              "Only the Strong".

Comment

Make a plan, then make extra plans, and preps. It's the only way to survive.

Comment

Working...
                                X