Lost ways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost ways

On several different threads I've seen a pattern of lost ways. If you notice something add it to this thread. I know a lot of us older people still do these things. It just feels like most don't anymore.

1. Burnadell was just talking about people not reading the newspaper. Seems like the vast majority do not keep up with what's going on. Not caring if taxes are raised or who's running for office. Have more people given up?

2. The art of capitalism. I know people joke with the word boycott a lot..But on similar lines did most people give up either shopping around for the best price or not buying an item because it was a rip off? Seems like people just buy what they want, when they want it, at any price.

I was taught in school long ago that's exactly how to keep prices down. That's how companies/products get straightened out and better. Seems like dang near everyone has a "it is what it is" attitude these days. No?

3. Can't complain if you don't vote. Why do a ton of people say this but then not understand point #2?

4. Thinking. I met a lady to sign paperwork. Since I don't wear a mask she made us stand outside the door. So instead of inside where we'd be 5-8' apart working across a big desk with a mask on, we literally stood 1-2' apart (I was outside, she was inside) with door wide open with no masks. She handed us papers/pen, we signed and handed back (some papers twice)... When we were done I tried to hand her a pen back and she jumped like a rattlesnake almost got her. YOU keep that pen she said LOL I wasn't rude or nothing but holy mother of stupid. I walked away in disbelief.

On the bright side I drove around this morning checking out some yard sales Most people running them were not scared. And the crowds were down. I guess many scared still hiding at home.

I don't think it's a matter of not caring. We just realize we no longer have real representation at the Capitol and they are going to take what they want no matter what we say. No good candidates anymore.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a fishing event this morning. There were almost 400 people there. I could count on one hand, the folks who had masks on.

What that means and how it relates to this thread...I have no idea.

Comment

I’ve said it before and I’ll repeat: No politician or party is going to turn back the clock in this country. We will be a third world country in a few years. Case in point, look how long it took Biden to erase the good things Trump did on the border. Now we have illegals flooding Texas, people who come from a third world country. They’re gonna be right at home here.

Comment

1. Is a newspaper any better?
          Also with today’s technology, a newspaper seems obsolete.

2. I still shop for the best price on anything. If I don’t like the price, I don’t buy it.

3. I try to vote every election. I like to complain!!!

4. You can’t fix stupid!!

Comment

No many people read the paper, but print news any less slanted than tv or web.

I’ve voted in every election I was eligible too. But after the mess this last cycle I don’t believe it matters anymore, we are going to get the government they give us

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
              I’ve said it before and I’ll repeat: No politician or party is going to turn back the clock in this country. We will be a third world country in a few years. Case in point, look how long it took Biden to erase the good things Trump did on the border. Now we have illegals flooding Texas, people who come from a third world country. They’re gonna be right at home here.
              Your right, sad to see what’s happening to our Country.

Comment

Calling out liars

Comment

I stopped getting the Star Telegram a couple of years ago. It went from a nice publication to something you couldn't even smack your dogs nose with.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                    I had a fishing event this morning. There were almost 400 people there. I could count on one hand, the folks who had masks on.

What that means and how it relates to this thread...I have no idea.
                    It means there are pockets of non-brainwashed people. Good to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                      I stopped getting the Star Telegram a couple of years ago. It went from a nice publication to something you couldn't even smack your dogs nose with.
                      FWST is an absolute joke and embarrassment to journalists. It's great writers of days gone by must be rolling over in their graves.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        On several different threads I've seen a pattern of lost ways. If you notice something add it to this thread. I know a lot of us older people still do these things. It just feels like most don't anymore.

1. Burnadell was just talking about people not reading the newspaper. Seems like the vast majority do not keep up with what's going on. Not caring if taxes are raised or who's running for office. Have more people given up?

2. The art of capitalism. I know people joke with the word boycott a lot..But on similar lines did most people give up either shopping around for the best price or not buying an item because it was a rip off? Seems like people just buy what they want, when they want it, at any price.

I was taught in school long ago that's exactly how to keep prices down. That's how companies/products get straightened out and better. Seems like dang near everyone has a "it is what it is" attitude these days. No?

3. Can't complain if you don't vote. Why do a ton of people say this but then not understand point #2?

4. Thinking. I met a lady to sign paperwork. Since I don't wear a mask she made us stand outside the door. So instead of inside where we'd be 5-8' apart working across a big desk with a mask on, we literally stood 1-2' apart (I was outside, she was inside) with door wide open with no masks. She handed us papers/pen, we signed and handed back (some papers twice)... When we were done I tried to hand her a pen back and she jumped like a rattlesnake almost got her. YOU keep that pen she said LOL I wasn't rude or nothing but holy mother of stupid. I walked away in disbelief.

On the bright side I drove around this morning checking out some yard sales Most people running them were not scared. And the crowds were down. I guess many scared still hiding at home.
                        You’re not older by the way 😉

Comment

Integrity is a lost way.

Comment

Communicating with other people using your voice. Meaning; my children who are all adults will avoid making a phone call unless it is an absolute last resort with no other option.

If they need purchase something online, and need to talk to someone about it, online chat better be available or they aren't doing it. Same goes for making a doctor appointment, ordering food, or even speaking to siblings/relatives.

It's sad really how with the advancement of technology, the basic skill of verbal communication has been dealt a death blow, and will for too soon become a thing of the past. Critical thinking is following closely behind.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                              I don't think it's a matter of not caring. We just realize we no longer have real representation at the Capitol and they are going to take what they want no matter what we say. No good candidates anymore.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Agree 100%. I still vote, but honestly in the back of my head I wonder, does this even matter anymore? Is this election already been predetermined? Am I just going through the movements of a good little capitalist sheep and doing my due diligence in something that has already been determined?

Comment

Working...
                              X